This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11 years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a ECAD DESIGNER opening to join our GLOBAL PRODUCT organization.
DAY TO DAY
Works across EES to determine priorities and align commitments, plans short and long term (strategical) activities to develop new PCB layout design to meet product needs and achieve design speed and efficiency.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Partners with peers and across disciplines to gather all requirements and design to develop and execute on global cross platform PCB component sets to drive improved (speed, efficiency, quality) product design.
* Aids in complex design and engineering of printed circuit boards
* Checks and tests interchangeable parts
* Releases electronic project configuration to the Electronic Control Supplier/Manufacturer
* Supports the Architecture, Module, Quality, Procurement, Global Design teams in order to satisfy the product leadership needs
* Collects requirements to develop coherent Printer Circuit Board components road-map
* Determines dimensions and criteria for high density complex revisions to boards and also drafts new printed circuit board designs
* Develops strong suppliers relationships
* Supports the delivery of full package of Printed Circuit Board components and testing means to final customers
MAIN ACTIVITIES: Percentage of Time Spent 80%
* PCB layout design
* mCAD interface
* Maintain PCB Guidelines
* DFM / DFA Reviews
* Training / Coaching
SPECIALIZED ENGINEERING: Percentage of Time spent 20%
* Thermal Analysis - IcePak
* EMC Simulation - SI (Signal Integrity)
* UL-IEC Spacing Rules - Constraint Manager
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
3 to 7 years overall experience needed in Printed Circuit Board design and electrical simulation
Experience with industry standard, Printed Circuit Board Layout development and tools.
The ideal candidate is someone from an electronics background who has designed high volume, mid power, high quality products
Able to work with both global teams inside function and cross platforms, influencing positively the organization in all directions (both Vertical and Horizontal)
Experience with design simulation tools (i.e. pspice, cadence, Mentor graphics, or similar tools)
Project assessment & risk management