ECG Technician I -25010
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
ECG Tech I
WVU Heart Institute and Cardiovascular and Interventional Services
Manager, Cardiovascular and Interventional Services
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Obtain certification in Basic Life Support within 30 days of hire date.
SUMMARY: Perform all ECG related procedures while promoting the highest level of patient care. Performs clerical duties in a timely and efficient manner in order to insure proper document flow and storage through and to the areas of the ECG Laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. To perform all ECG related procedures in a timely and efficient manner in addition to clerical duties associated with the procedures.
1.1 Executes basic ECG procedure to the patient and answers any questions pertaining to said procedure.
1.2 Performs 12 lead ECG tracings and rhythm strips within one hour of order in any and all patient care areas of the hospital and support facilities.
1.3 Exercises a through knowledge base inclusive of cardiothoracic anatomy and proper lead placement 100% of the time.
1.4 Coordinates outpatient testing with inpatient demands prioritizing emergency requests and stat calls in the patient care areas without direct supervision.
2. Applies and removes holter monitors and event monitors along with instructions to patients of the use of such devices.
2.1 Explains the procedure to the patient and answers any questions pertaining to the holter monitor and event monitor in a courteous manner.
2.2 Completes all necessary forms and requests pertaining to the procedure.
2.3 Preps patient skin according to policy and procedure to ensure the best possible recording.
2.4 Removes holter monitor at scheduled time, completes necessary paper work and use proper procedure to download the files into the computer.
2.5 Ability to access the computer system to retrieve and reproduce completed holter monitor exams.
3. Performs a variety of clerical duties coordinating patient testing demand with clerical responsibilities in order to insure proper document flow and storage for ECG area of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Services Department.
3.1 Answers the ECG lab s phones within five rings in a professional and courteous manner identifying self and unit at all times.
3.2 Types relevant information onto the ECG tracing and stress tests insuring accuracy and exhibiting basic computer skills.
3.3 Files and retrieves ECG s and related reports according to established guidelines.
3.4 Types ECG s, stress tests and holter monitor reports, performs photocopying and filing to ensure the proper document flow and storage.
PERFORMANCE STANDARD: Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, Shared Values & Culture.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift, push, or pull a minimum of 40 pounds.
* Hearing (aid permitted) must be able to function without use of lip reading.
* Visual acuity (corrected) keen for both distant and near objects/individuals (i.e. ability to read small print)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to; moving mechanical parts; airborne particles; body fluids; toxic or caustic chemicals; radiation; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment is clinical by nature.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Possesses the interpersonal skills to positively and effectively communicate, negotiate, and resolve conflict.
* Motivation and drive for continuous development of self.
* Cooperatively interacts with the health care team to support and contribute to the shared group goals