ED REGISTRAR - Part time/evenings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 3/2/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONSCHEDULE: HOURS 4:00 PM TO 12:30 A.M., WEEKDAYS AND ALTERNATING WEEKENDS
***This position requires a full-time, day-shift (M-F, 8:30am-4pm) orientation program for the first 2 weeks of employment***
Ensures that the ED patient registration and billing information is complete and accurate. Provides support as needed to all ED staff. Must be able to function in both central and pod/treatment area environments. Performs full registration and obtains, verifies and records personal, demographic, financial and visit-specific clinical information. Prioritizes and multi-tasks in a hectic clinical environment.
* Sound judgment and critical thinking
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a very busy environment
* Strong organization and follow-through skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
* Strong communication skills
* Must be flexible and able to function within a team
* Ability to maintain composure in stressful circumstances
* Basic computer skills and/or facility to learn computer skills required for MS Outlook, EPIC
* High School diploma or GED required
* Associate/Bachelors degree preferred
* Healthcare/registration setting preferred
* Knowledge of insurance or registration systems helpful
* 1 year related work experience preferred
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.