This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Books A Million
JOB DESCRIPTIONRESPONSIBLE FOR PRODUCTION SUPPORT, PROJECT DEVELOPMENT, SYSTEM ENHANCEMENTS AND VENDOR ON-BOARDING TASKS IN SUPPORT OF THE COMPANY\'S ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE (EDI) PROGRAM AND INITIATIVES.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Act as primary contact for all EDI Trading Partner relationships for Books-A-Million and its affiliated companies.
* Establish Trading Partner relationships with new and existing vendors, in accordance with company standards and policies.
* Work with Project Management and Application Development teams to establish EDI document standards and to test new document translations, mappings and implementation.
* Respond to vendor requests for changes to existing documents, verify that the requested change will continue to conform to company standards, and coordinate/conduct joint testing of approved changes.
* Advise vendors of planned changes to company document standards and coordinate/conduct joint testing of approved changes.
* Review daily EDI exception logs and ensure any errors are corrected.
* Review daily EDI acknowledgement reports and ensure that all transmissions are received timely. Investigate any un-acknowledged documents and resolve issues.
* Provide on-call support for EDI operations
* Provide timely communication and weekly status updates to Project Management and Application Development teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with course work in information systems or a related field or equivalent work experience.
3years of job-related experience
Working knowledge of various communications protocols including AS2, FTP/S, and SFTP.Strong mapping skills, preferably using OpenText GXS Mapper. Experience working with SQL queries.Experience with EDI, X12, delimited files, and various XML formats. Experience with X12 documents related X12C (Communication), X12F (Financial), X12M (Supply Chain) and X12N (Insurance/Health Care).Experience with B2B gateway configurations and partner onboarding, preferably with - OpenText GXS BizManager/Bizlink and PubNet.Experience with IBM i, IBM i - CL/RPG programming a plus.
Ability to organize, prioritize and complete tasks within established time constraints.Good attention to detail and excellent communication skills.Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks, simultaneously.