EDUCATION PROGRAM COORDINATOR / 40 HOURS / DAY / BWH - MEDICINE RESIDENCY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Education Office of the Department of Medicine houses Undergraduate Medical Education, Graduate Medical Education and Continuing Medical Education. The Internal Medicine Residency program has approximately 200 ACGME accredited residents within several tracks of Medical Education training. The mission of the Brigham and Women's Hospital Internal Medicine Residency is to provide outstanding clinical training and individualized career mentoring required to become skilled internists prepared to tackle individual and societal healthcare challenges as leaders in academic medicine. We are committed to attracting and promoting a house staff that reflects the diversity of the broad diversity of the patients we care for.
The area hosts a wide variety of events on and offsite ranging in size. The program is quite competitive and has a very robust admissions/interview process which this position would assist with
The Program Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of administrative, research, and communication activities for the Medicine Residency Program at Brigham and Womens Hospital
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position will:
I. Event Planning and Management
1. Handle all aspects of Recruitment and other MRO events, Typical tasks include:
-Booking venues (conf rooms, restaurants, hotels)
-Arranging for meals
-Communications about event (internal and external)
-Coordination of transportation as necessary
-Ensuring within budget, review estimates with Recruiting Manager and Financial Analyst, provide all advanced authorization information (cost and attendance estimates, etc.) to Financial Analyst in a timely manner.
2. Communication with scheduling team in order to ensure coverage for clinical responsibilities
3. Negotiates cost effective contracts with vendors, use BWH contract/recommended vendors whenever possible and negotiate for optimal rates/discounts
4. Coordinate events for the Med-Peds Residency. Major responsibilities include: coordinating joint events with the MGH Med-Peds coordinator including the fall retreat, in-training exam and graduation, coordinate BWH/CHB specific events including dinners, workshops etc
5. A partial list of the annual MRO events:
-Recruitment interview day lunches and dinners
-Recruitment second look and minority events
-Recruitment Subcommittee and final committee meetings
-Department of Medicine Winter Ball
-Medicine and the Muse
-Resident Research Forum
1. Maintain BWH Internal Medicine Website.
2. Ensure that the Website is current prior to the beginning of a new recruitment season, reflecting the current class members and application deadlines and instructions
3. Update the Website with any upcoming events/announcements on a regular basis, minimum monthly.
1. Develop relationship with BWH Development and BWH Public Affairs as main contact for MRO
2. Notify BWH Public Affairs and BWH Development team of any key upcoming events in a timely manner.
3. Ensure alumni database is up to date.
4. Evaluate expansion of alumni outreach / fundraising opportunities.
5. Establish newsletter for alumni
-Excellent writing, research, analysis, interpersonal, communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
-A high level of professionalism.
-Experience with work requiring attention to detail and juggling multiple priorities is essential. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
-Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
-A high level of energy and initiative.
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to flourish in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
-Ability to understand and quickly adopt web-based technologies, in particular collaboration tools (e.g. Google Docs, Dropbox,).
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners, follows safe practices required for the position, complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures, fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate, brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Womens Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C.I will Communicate my commitment to high quality performance
A.I will Appear and act as a professional
R.I will Respect all individuals
E.I will Extend myself