This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
The EEG Technician performs EEG's and evoked potentials on infants, children and adults according to physician's orders and departmental procedures. Prepares daily work schedule identifying appropriate amount of time for task completion and demonstrates flexibility in adjusting schedule to accommodate unforeseen circumstances. Identifies, corrects or notifies appropriate personnel of equipment malfunctions. Completes necessary paperwork completely and accurately for all patient exams.
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Upon completion of training:
* Prepares and adjusts daily work schedule to accommodate unforeseen circumstances and emergency procedures.
* *Maintains and cleans equipment including electrodes, EEG's and evoked potential equipment.
* *Completes documentation thoroughly and accurately.
* *Corrects and reports equipment malfunctions; maintains a log of actions taken including notification of vendors when needed.
* *Performs mobile EEG services.
* *Maintains and performs appropriate storage of neurodiagnostic medical records.
* Notifies appropriate personnel when unforeseen variances/incidences occur regarding patients or equipment.
* Participates in quality improvement initiatives and activities as assigned.
* Evaluates the need for different interpersonal approaches and applies them according to patient age, emotional status and/or physical status.
* Assists in moving patients before, during or after testing procedures.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Minimum of two (2) years post-high school coursework in science or math required. Expectation to progress to EEG Technologist job class within 24 months of date of hire. Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required.
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.