EH & S Coordinator
For more than 90 years, Specialty Granules LLC has been a leading producer of semi-ceramic coated, colored mineral granules for the North American residential and commercial roofing industry. Our longevity is a testament to our dependability as a supplier and the durability of our products. We take pride in the long-term relationships we have cultivated with the roofing industry's manufacturers.
A privately held company, we have the ability and resources to provide exceptional customer service through our high standards of product quality, innovation, and responsiveness to the needs of our customers.
* Responsible for the establishment and administration of loss control program at the plant level under the direct guidance of the Site Manager and Corporate Manager. Environmental Health and Safety.
* Requires in-depth knowledge and exposure to MSHA health and safety regulations, as well as knowledge of applicable environmental requirements for the facility,
* Strong safety and housekeeping orientation and knowledge of MSHA rules and regulations
* Proficient verbal and written communication skills; must be able to provide training individually or to a group.
* Strong understanding of behavior based safety principles and ability to influence improvement and change.
* Experience in environmental permitting and recordkeeping with an emphasis on meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
* Must understand and apply principles of root cause analysis in problem solving and incident investigation.
* Site environmental monitoring, compliance reporting
* Accident Prevention, Safety Training, Investigations, and corrective action plans
* MSHA Training new miner, experienced miner, annual refresher training for all site personnel
* Local, State and Federal inspections, record keeping
* Budgeting for safety supplies and personal protective equipment
Physical Work Requirements
* Ability to Make Oral Presentations
* MSHA Certification
* Prolonged Standing
* Lifting Objectives (up to 40 lbs)
* Extended or Irregular Hours
B.S Degree or equivalent prior experience MSHA-governed operation
Knowledge and Experience
3+ Years safety and/or environmental in a mining environment
Federal Mine Safety & Health Act (MSHA)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At SGI, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status. SGI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.