EHR Optimization Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: The BIDCO EHR Optimization Specialist assists practices and providers to improve quality scores through expertise in practice workflow, electronic health record systems, and quality measures. Assists practices in implementing and using systems (quality reporting, EHR modules) to improve patient care and outcomes and provide the clinical data required to satisfy contract requirements. This position reports to the Manager, EHR Optimization.
* Serves as a central resource to PCP Practices on implementation of Quality Improvement initiatives. Provides support for population management at the pod and practice level by tracking and monitoring individual process and outcome measures for eligible managed care and Medicare patients who have chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and depression.
* Provides expertise on company approved EHRs in the form of training, policy, program development and support. Works in conjunction with third party Support Desk and EHR vendors to address, monitor and/or escalate as needed.
* Utilizes reports for analyzing data related to quality measurers by pod and provider to review and promote optimal clinical and business outcomes. Works with clinicians and staff to review and interpret quality data and refine processes as needed.
* Acts as key resource to PCP practices for the management of registries of patients who have chronic diseases to ensure that they receive the required testing and medical management to promote optimal health and clinical outcomes.
* Provides expertise, training, and ongoing support for quality measures, and the EHRs and related clinical and technical systems which support the collection and tracking of such measures.
* High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required in experience in healthcare and familiarity with standard quality measures..
* Experience using and supporting an electronic medical record system. Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Strong attention to detail, process, deadlines and quality results. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Local travel throughout Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire requiring a reliable car and valid driver's license.
* Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization (BIDCO) is a value-based physician and hospital network and an Accountable Care Organization (ACO). With its corporate office located in Westwood, Mass., BIDCO offers physician groups and hospitals the structure to contract, share risk, and build care management systems together, with the goal of providing the highest quality care in the most cost-efficient way.
To deliver value to patients, commercial payors, and government, BIDCO leverages the shared skills of more than 2,500 primary care physicians (PCPs) and specialists and numerous community hospitals, including Anna Jaques Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Lawrence General Hospital. BIDCO has a tertiary affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
***** This position has the option to support the Boston Metro area or the Merrimack Valley *****
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf