EHR Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE : ENTERPRISE PM
Location : Columbia,SC
Duration : 12 + Months
Job Type : C
NOTE: 50% REMOTE WORK
Comments: Remote work to be determined when job starts.
DAILYDUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Managesthe implementation and continued operation of the agency's electronic healthrecords system and related health care technologies.
* Coordinatesthe implementation process, including build, testing, training, and go live ofthe EHR system in conjunction with the vendor.
* Plansand coordinates the activities of SCDC technical and clinical staff necessaryto facilitate implementation of the EHR system.
* Workswith medical and mental health care providers to evaluate current processes andimplement technology solutions to reduce costs and improve staff efficiency andpatient care.
* Assistsmanagement in establishing reporting requirements; works with vendor to developreports for management and end users.
* Evaluatesand recommends equipment for purchase / lease; manages installation andequipment maintenance.
* Estimatesprogram budget and personnel requirements.
* EstablishesProject goals / objectives, timelines, and assesses progress.
REQUIREDSKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* Knowledgeof project management principles and methodologies.
* Abilityto effectively plan and prioritize work activities to meet organizationalgoals, schedules, and deadlines.
* Abilityto conceptualize needed change and initiate appropriate activities to move fromconcepts to implementation.
Ability to make presentations and
RequiredEducation: Abachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, mathematics,statistics, information science, health administration, biological science or arelated field and experience in project management and information technology.
PreferredSkills (rank in order of Importance):
* Abilityto plan and supervise the implementation of data processing systems to achieveshort / long-term objectives.
* Knowledgeof electronic health records systems, health care specific data interfacestandards, and health information exchange technologies.
Knowledge of agency needs and ability tointerpret rules and