EHS Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Other companies make products. We make a difference!
cr360 is a rapidly growing EHS & sustainability software company with offices in the UK and US. Founded in 2002, our business was grown organically over a decade before joining the UL EHS Sustainability group in 2016. This brought our team and software solutions together with UL's to form the largest software provider in the EHS & Sustainability space. Together we are a team of over 400 people servicing over 2,000 clients.
We're not looking for a conventional sales person. Extensive sales experience isn't essential, a background in sustainability/EHS in either a corporate role or consultancy is highly beneficial. If you have the right attitude for sales and can work autonomously, we can give you the training and tools to deliver. We're not a traditional software sales team; we take pride in understanding the software we sell and build rapport and trust with our prospects by connecting their needs with our solutions in a genuinely consultative way. We don't value a 'hard sell' approach. This ethos combined with a great product is why we win over half of the competitive tenders we enter.
You would be tied to our Chicago office but with the flexibility to work remotely - regular travel within the US would be required. You would be given extensive training, covering how to use and present our software solutions and also manage day to day tasks such as producing proposals and using our CRM system.
YOU MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF EHS/SUSTAINABILITY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY!
* What you would need to do day-to-day:
* Generate leads through partner networks and cold calling
* Quickly pick-up leads in your region generated from cold callers or in-bound web enquiries
* Attend, network and present at industry events and exhibitions as required
* Independently setup and navigate your own demo systems
* Present an overview of the company and provide a detailed system demonstration to an established standard (online and in person). The standard is well defined and you will also be trained against this comprehensively
* Competently respond to questions on the commercial nature of the business and functional aspects of the system (deeper technical understanding is not essential)
* Create proposals against a predefined template but with relevant customizations
* Track all 'Opportunities' created through the activity above in our CRM with regular internal reporting
* Coordinate a response to Requests for Information/Proposal/Quotation (RFI/RFP/RFQ)
* Co-ordinate and lead pitches (often with a team)
* Liaise with the implementation and product teams to obtain accurate quotes
* Develop Opportunities generated through proposals and RFI/RFP/RFQ responses, maintain contact with prospects and close business
* Coordinate contract negotiations
What we're looking for:
* Well-organized, numerate, logical person with an eye for detail
* Calm but deliberate manner
* Target and commercially driven
* Flexibility to rapidly change focus and move between tasks as required and without direct supervision/guidance
* Ability to work independently and remotely
* Willingness to travel nationally
* Experienced and confident with software systems
* Basic IT skills
* Full working Proficiency in Excel and Word (essential)
* Understanding of CRMs such as SalesForce or Sugar (desirable)
* Basic communication skills
* Clear and consistent verbal and written communication
* Ability to articulate efficiently
* Advanced communication skills
* Emotional intelligence - ability to understand the context in which others are working and to influence by modifying communications accordingly
* Negotiation - to identify opportunities for advantage or compromise and directing people accordingly