This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 3/25/2017
Stanley Black & Decker
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The EHS Coordinator is responsible for providing EHS oversight of Stanley Black & Decker s, Fort Mill Distribution Center or Charlotte Manufacturing Operations. To propose, implement and maintain an EHS management system which is capable of driving results in waste elimination, developing an accident free culture while maintaining 100% regulatory compliance. Will directly interact with all departments, various regulatory agencies and the Corporate EH&S team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Implements facility EHS management system plan, prepares permit modifications, and interfaces with regulatory compliance.
* Analyze and report site performance against goals to site team.
* Implements programs to ensure safe work place; identifies and resolves unsafe working conditions.
* Develops and implements programs designed to improve workplace health; focuses on ergonomics, work habits, etc.
* Ensures compliance with state and federal safety/health regulations.
* Liaison (with corporate EHS support) with government agencies on regulatory issues.
* Steward annual EHS audits to support compliance certification; provide oversight of audit corrective actions, and reporting on audit results, as necessary
* Schedules and performs required environmental and safety training.
* Drive and communicate best management practices
* Ensure site maintains current environmental, safety and security data on the EHSS website
* Complete compliance calendar for all required activities and reporting obligations
* Identify hazardous and non-hazardous wastes, and ensure the proper management and disposal of such wastes.
* Manage, maintain and improve Stanley EH&S scorecard, ISO14001 and OSHAS18001 management systems and certifications
* Administer forklift training, recertification, and required documentation.
* Act as the lead ERT member.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 1-3 years experience in implementing EHS culture in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment preferred.
* Bachelor s degree preferably in Health & Safety or Environmental Sciences, High School Diploma or equivalent is acceptable if currently pursuing a Bachelor s degree.
* Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and written communication skills are required.
* Must be flexible with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
* Proficiency using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet is required.
* Past training experience preferred
* General knowledge of Distribution Center layout is preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 45 pounds independently is required.
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status..
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.