This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
The EHS Mgr is responsible for EHS compliance at three chemical facilities and one corporate office. The EHS Supervisor will be very hands-on in assisting with planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of occupational health, safety, and environmental programs to ensure a compliant workplace and the highest possible degree of safety for employees.
* Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace.
* Conduct surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions.
* Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
* Provide advice concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations.
* Develop controls for identified hazards.
* Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of job hazard analysis.
* Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate workplace accidents and injuries.
* Direct, create and train specialized education and training materials.
* Conduct on-site specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control and other workplace safety material information.
* Review accident injury reports; compile, analyze, interpret and report accident, loss, and exposure statistical data. Conduct root cause analyses of all incidents.
* Maintain and report OSHA logs.
* Prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
* Work with facilities to correct errors on the Notice of Registration.
* Identify waste and establish specific state waste codes.
* Administer site Safety Rewards program.
* Participate in Process Safety Management program.
* Responsible for the facility PPE program.
* Facility contact for contractor services and responsible for applicable training.
* Attend local professional meetings, such as CASC, SOCMA, OMA, OCTC and other related industry meetings/trainings
* Coordinate compliance activities and other duties as assigned.
* Proposes recommendations to improve EHS function and workplace safety.
* This position has no direct reports.
* Basic knowledge of chemical manufacturing a plus.
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is highly desired.
* Experience with hazard recognition, behavioral-based safety, job hazard analysis and Process Hazards Analysis desired.
* Strong technical capacity.
* Experience in confined space entry and fall protection.
* Strong organization, problem solving, and interpersonal communication skills required.
* Must be self-motivated, eager to learn, keen to detail, and team oriented.
* Strong safety regulatory knowledge and expertise, required
* Must have the ability to positively influence safe behaviors
* Ability to interact with site level manufacturing/business management, community, elected officials and non-government organizations as well as, state and federal regulatory agencies
* Basic computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management, PowerPoint presentations) essential.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in environmental science, occupational health, or related field, desired.
* 3-7years direct work experience in an EHS role within the chemical, oil & gas, manufacturing or similar industrial environment
* Must have 3 or more years of experience in implementing safety and industrial hygiene programs in a manufacturing arena.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment is primarily in an office environment requiring finger dexterity, movement around the office area, occasional walking, and periods of sitting. Daily exposure to the chemical plant area which includes traveling in and out of non-temperature controlled work areas, exposure to forklift traffic, and being around chemicals.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.