This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides technical support and direction for environmental compliance programs and practices. Oversees the management of practices and environmental laboratory operation.
* Develops, recommends and implements programs to assure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations including documentation, reporting, permits, manifests, training, and policy development. Coordinates and manages all on-site hazardous materials.
* Oversees all aspects of safety and health administration. Influences positive and proactive safety programs and practices. Leads and facilitates the plant safety committee.
* Manages and supports corporate, local, state and federal health and safety regulatory compliance. Develops, implements, and communicates safety policies and procedures.
* Coordinates with Human Resources in the management of all loss prevention and workers' compensation programs. Acts as the primary contact for all employees on accident reporting, investigation and hazard elimination. Tracks all activity for the facility related to lost work time, return to work initiatives, and restricted duty provisions. Coordinates disability related absences with Human Resources.
* Develops and administers EH&S training and communication programs (HAZCOM, HAZMAT, confined space, personal protective equipment, MSDS, Job Safety Analysis, etc.). Facilitates new hire orientation and contractor safety orientation programs. Tracks all training programs and prepares annual training plans.
* Acts as the emergency evacuation coordinator for the facility.
* Interfaces with external agencies, plant, division and corporate contacts regarding various EH&S initiatives, programs and practices.
* Demonstrate continual focus on improvements and enhancements.
* Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 7 years of experience facilitating and managing Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) programs
* Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
* Strongly prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, EHS, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, or similar technical discipline
* Strongly prefer EHS experience in a manufacturing environment, especially metal fabrication or heavy industrial manufacturing.
* 2 or more years of managerial experience
* Broad knowledge of local, state, and federal programs and regulations related to Health & Safety
* Experienced in safety and environmental inspection and audit processes.
* Previous experience in acquisition of permits and interaction with regulators.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
* Strong leadership skills
* Ability to prioritize and complete multiple and diverse work assignments with minimal direction and supervision
- Strong background in EHS (especially Safety) in a metal fabricating manufacturing environment at the plant level.
- The degree is in EHS or related a science field (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- Experience in a large Fortune 500 company with a strong safety culture
- Experience with corporate audits
- Experience with OSHAS 18001