EHS Manager - Manufacturing Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Vida Group International
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is in need of an EHS Manager to provide strategic direction and leadership for Environmental Health and Safety Teams/Initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Strategic leadership of various EHS initiatives to further our client's reputation of best-practice CSR.
2. Continuous improvement upon current EHS standards to maximize corproate well-being.
3. Serves as a committee chair for various internal organizational teams/committees to effectively manage the EHS efforts of our client.
4. Serves as an agent of our client and representative/liaison to a variety of external entities including federal, state, and local agencies, customers, suppliers, industry related groups, and various nonprofit, educational, government, and community entities.
1. Develop the overall strategy of continuous improvement for Environmental Health and Safety Initiatives.
2. Lead the efforts of the Environmental Quality Action Team (EQAT); a team responsible for the development of the strategy, policies, goals and objectives for various Environmental programs. Help initiate a similar structure to support Corporate Safety Team.
3. Enable EQAT's nine sub-teams to implement the various environmental programs necessary to meet the corporate environmental goals for a zero footprint by 2020. The teams are to be provided with both technical and financial support.
4. Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership, and support for all of various facilities, departments, (including all acquisitions) on regulatory compliance issues in Safety and Environmental Health.
5. Understand the chemicals and any/all potential safety and environmental hazards used/present at all Sites, take steps to reduce the use of problematic chemicals and to mitigate any potential safety and environmental health hazards.
6. Provide strategic leadership and guidance for the environmental affairs, design for the environment, and safety departments including people, data, and budgetary responsibilities and create one department with a common mission.
7. Work with Sales and Marketing across the enterprise to include the delivery of presentations to customer, for educational programs, and at various seminars and conferences. Coordinate the development of training modules for the client sales force to enable them to conduct environmental presentations with authority/credibility.
8. Represent our client on various nonprofit boards, government committees, and trade organizations as appropriate to support Environmental, DfE, and Safety strategies.
9. Create and maintain program management systems to ensure that our client's various safety and environmental health certifications, accreditations, and compliance efforts are developed and continuously improved. Could include SGS Registrar certifications, ISO-14001, OSHA/MIOSHA Voluntary Protection Programs, etc.
10. Oversee the development of various third party certifications such as the Forest Stewardship Council for wood, GreenGuard certification for low-emitting furniture, MBDC Protocol for Design for the Environment, BIFMA's Sustainable Furniture Standard, and LEED for buildings.
11. Lead various communications committees to ensure the development of strategic EHS communiqus for use with internal and external customers.
12. Provide leadership and guidance for our client's 'Design for the Environment' (DfE) efforts. Assure that our client remains the reference standard for DfE in all industries.
13. Create synergy and leverage the knowledge, personnel, and resources of the environmental health, DfE, and safety teams merge into one department.
14. Performs additional responsibilities as requested (ie: serve in various advisory roles as needed).
1. Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Safety & Health, EH&S Management, or a related field required. A Master's degree in any of those fields listed above preferred.
2. Minimum 5-7 years of leadership/managerial experience within the Environmental Health and Safety function required.
3. Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively and to influence those with whom no formal hierarchical relationship exists.
4. Demonstrated proficiency with office automation/communication software and tools used in our client's office environment.
5. Highly effective written and verbal communications skills that can used with people of various backgrounds, experience, and education levels.
6. Highly developed interpersonal communications skills and cultural sensitivity. Demonstrated highly effective platform presentation skills and training delivery skills.
7. Ability and willingness to be trained as a Haz-Mat first responder and assume role of incident commander as needed.
8. Ability to travel in excess of 40% of the time.
9. Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.