This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
FPC of Valdosta
JOB DESCRIPTIONEHS MANAGER
The EHS MANAGER will be responsible for compliance with all Environmental, Health and Safety standards and regulations as well as monitoring the progress of key initiatives for the Specialty Chemical Plant. Strong leadership will be required in all areas pertaining to the EHS MANAGER functions in order to help facilitate transforming the plants safety culture and improving the plant's EH&S Performance.
* Prepare and manage EHS Department and WWT annual budget
* Manage, develop, coordinate and/or implement programs that meet OSHA and Process Safety Management requirements including Hazwoper, Hazard Communication, Industrial Hygiene, Emergency Response, contractor safety training/performance, etc.
* Manage the facility's EHS training program and ensure required training is completed
* Manage the facility's occupational health program
* Develop, coordinate and/or implement employee participating programs like behavioral safety programs, safety committee activities, and plant safety meetings etc.
* Investigate EHS incidents, determining root causes and corrective actions
* Assist with managing Workers Compensation claims
* Prepare and submit EHS metric reports to company representatives
* Maintain and continually improve the site ISO14000 management systems
* Monitor, manage, and assure timely submission of all required environmental permits and reports including SARA Tier I & II, Title V, NPDES, ODNR, RCRA (hazardous waste), WWT, US EPA MACT, LDAR, etc.
* Ensure compliance with MARSEC and Homeland Security regulations
* Provide technical/professional support regarding compliance with applicable EHS regulations and management of EHS issues at the site
* Provide leadership, organizational development, and supervision to EHS dept.
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering/Science, Safety Engineering or related field (Master's Degree a plus)
* Minimum of 10 years in the EHS field in a chemical manufacturing environment with experience in OSHA Process Safety Management
* CSP or CHMM certification desirable
* Excellent communication (written/verbal), interpersonal, leadership, and coaching skills
* Broad experience across multiple facets of environmental and safety programs and regulations
* Proven ability to lead, modify and improve plant programs, policies, initiatives, and safety culture
* Ability to build and maintain relations internally and externally at all levels of the business
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Experience in working with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (EPA, OSHA, ODNR, FAA, DOT) and representing the company in a professional manner
* Experienced in leading cross functional teams in problem resolution
* Experience monitoring and interpreting regulatory information