This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
A Manufacturing Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONEHS MANAGER
Our client is seeking an experienced, resourceful and diligent professional to work in the capacity of EHS Manager to support one of their West Coast facilities. The chosen candidate will be responsible for leading the health, safety and environmental functions.
The focus and scope of this position is to ensure effective management of EHS systems while maintaining a safe workplace and compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental regulations. S/He should possess a depth and breadth of case management experience.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on EHS Manager that has the ability to work in a collaborative, diverse organization and culture with the abilities to influence the management team. Ideally the successful candidate will come from a Title V facility.
* Ensure facilities are operating in compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations and requirements as codified in state and federal OSHA regulations.
* Champion initiatives that drive facilities toward OSHA VPP Star Site certification.
* Facilitate / oversee incident investigations, root cause analyses, and closure of corrective actions.
* Act as a regulatory compliance resource.
* Represent the company with state and federal agencies as required.
* Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facilities environmental monitoring and record keeping data management systems.
* Ensure that all industrial process waste waters are properly managed and discharged from the plant.
*Ensure the proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes.
* Assist in evaluating and the determination appropriate permitting and abatement strategies for projects that may have an impact on existing air quality permits with an emphasis on NESHAP, NSPS, NSR/PSD, and USEPA/CARB/GCAPCD regulatory requirements.
* Represent the company with local, state, and federal agencies as required and interface with the general public on environmental issues and promote the companies environmental initiatives public hearings, meetings.
* Develop action plans for EHS activities, perform follow-up on these activities, and report status to division EHS leaders.
* Qualify all personnel involved in water sampling and testing, maintaining environmental abatement equipment, emergency procedures, and handling of hazardous materials and wastes.
* Promote safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
Best Industry - Environmental, Heavy Industrial or Manufacturing
Best Department - Plant Management
* Bachelor''s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or a related discipline is required.
* 10 - 12years of EHS experience is required.
* 5years of experience managing both environmental and safety programs is required.
* Experience managing a Title V facility is required.
* Solid knowledge of safety and environmental regulatory standards (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, etc.) and the ability to work with respective outside agencies is required.
* Experience with federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations relating to air, water, solid waste and hazardous waste management are required.
* Heavy industry and/or manufacturing experience is mandatory in this role.
* Experience leading and managing a team of direct reports with hire/fire responsibilities is preferred, but not required.
* Experience implementing and driving EHS initiatives and perform follow-up on specific activities.
* Experience in hazard awareness and risk assessment for flammable and hazardous materials is required.
* Experience with behavioral based safety systems is required.
* Ability to adjust to changing priorities and work well under strict timelines
* Ability to be on call the plant is a 24/7365 facility.
* Ability climb stairs/ladders, walk extensively, exposure to hot and cold weather is essential in this role.
* Ability to travel up to 10% is required.
* Strong technical skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are required.
* Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
* US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.