EHS Manager 8/16/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EHS MANAGER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The position will be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing a variety of environmental, health, and safety programs to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all employees providing optimal environmental protection and preventing injury to employees along with preventing damage to property and equipment.
* Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal environmental and safety regulations. Lead and manage all site environmental and safety initiatives in order to achieve site and company objectives. Serve as the primary EH&S contact for the plant.
* Establish, maintain and manage a safe work environment by enforcing safety policies and regulations, reviewing procedures for safety concerns, and participating in project reviews.
* Manages and oversees the interactions with government agencies, professional EH&S groups, community advisory panels, corporate EH&S officers, and all internal safety activities.
* Develop, implement and manage EH&S programs, initiatives and culture to meet regulatory requirements and EH&S needs of the site.
* Review and oversee all work processes and conditions to ensure EH&S protective measures are optimized. Develop and recommend preventative and improvement measures to ensure the enhancement of EH&S.
* Ensures compliance to environmental and safety standards through inspections of operating areas, audits, operation readiness reviews and through review and approval of operating procedures.
* Advise and actively participate in risk and hazard evaluations for EH&S reviews of existing processes, equipment and all new capital investments. Oversees annual audits of the Safety Management System.
* Provide timely resolutions of safety problems by defining the problem, determining root cause, establishing action plans and priorities, expediting repair and providing technical assistance.
* Promote safety consciousness among employees by providing accurate and informative data, conducting safety meetings, giving timely feedback, on safety suggestions and visibly supporting the plant safety program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Safety, EH familiar with HAZOP and other PHA methodologies required.
* Regulatory knowledge in OSHA and PSM required; RCRA and NFPA preferred.
* CSP or CIH preferred.
* EHS Management System experience preferred.
* Ability to excel in a cross functional team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.