EHS Specialist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPut a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST II at our facility located in BEREA, KY. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Human Resource team. As an EHS Specialist II, you will have the opportunity to provide EHS expertise and support of the various aspects of the EHS functions through focused day to day administration, EHS program coordination and data support for the identification, development and implementation of the various EHS programs and continuous improvement initiatives while meeting all EHS, ISO14001/ISO18001 and NFPA state and Federal regulations and requirements. This position will lead EHS initiatives much like a project Manager.
Key accountabilities include:
* Identification, Development, Leadership of EHS training, training materials and efforts to support the needs of the operation to effectively balance and improve safety, quality and overall efficiency.
* Develop processes for Tracking, reporting and developing training materials, annual training plan and maintain all training records that meet the needs of the operation and support compliance efforts with OSHA, ISO and the Business Management System.
* Develop and deliver all EHS training programs and ensure all training materials are in compliance with OSHA standards and overall safety in the workplace.
* Proactively identify training gaps and develop training programs that support facility needs and initiatives.
* Manage workers Compensation case management and documentation, post accident/injury investigations and documentation. Will serve as company representative in court proceedings
* Manage WC for all employees and ensure compliance, proper coordination and execution of benefits by working closely with the Third Party Administrator to ensure timely and accurate resolution of claims.
* Maintain facility/ legal compliance of postings, documentation, reporting and procedures.
* Ensure Accident Reports are completed timely and accurately and ensure proper coordination with Occupational Medicine, supervisors and employees regarding appointments, restrictions, etc.
* Complete all required state and federal reporting to include OSHA Logs and reporting.
* Provide timely data, reporting, communications and trend analysis for identification into safety opportunities and implementation into safety initiatives.
* Develop facility safety and wellness programs and be a key contributor in the identification and problem solving activities that drive improved EHS results through methods such as Value Stream Mapping exercises and Kaizen Events. Work closely with staff and employees to:
* Identify safety opportunities and recommend appropriate resolutions which may include the development of appropriate training programs and needs.
* Ensure proper training programs are in place (job rotation, 1st responders, hazmat, etc.).
* Ensure accident reviews on all accidents, injuries, and near misses are conducted and facilitate discussions with the safety committee in resolutions to safety opportunities.
* Conduct facility safety audits, hazard assessments and PPE compliance audits.
* Administration and coordination of all EHS processes and procedures to include ISO 14001 & OSHAS 18001, BBS, SMS, EMS JHA and emergency response programs.
* 4 year related degree (Occupational Safety, Safety Sciences, and/or Environmental Engineering) with 4-6 years of progressive related EHS experience. May consider 8-12 years of progressive related EHS experience in lieu of degree.
* Broad EHS knowledge/4-6 year's progressive related EHS experience.
* Specialized knowledge of Federal and State environmental health and safety regulations and requirements to include workers compensation, RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA, NPDES, CAA, PSM/RMP, SPPP/SPCC, DOT, OSHA and EPA.
* Effective communication, presentation, facilitation and problem solving skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
* Excellent organizational, prioritization and planning experience.
* Excellent computer/MS office skills in order to develop, maintain and track training materials.
* Knowledge of ISO 14001Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and OSHAS18001 Safety Management Systems (SMS)
* Strong MS Office skills. Project Management experience/exposure preferred.
Berea, Kentucky, is a vibrant city centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and is best known for its art festivals, historic restaurants and buildings, and the home to Berea College, a private, Liberal Arts College. Berea is situated in southern Madison County, located within 30 miles south of the Horse Capital of the World, Lexington, Kentucky. Lexington has a population over 305,000 and is the second-largest city in Kentucky.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.