EHS Technician 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This is an hourly non-production position working to promote, implement and coordinate safety and environmental tasks for a workforce of about fifteen employees. This is not a Manager Level position. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Daily plant walk-throughs and initiate corrective actions when necessary
- Understand and follow all safety programs
- Injury and illness report out protocol.
- Follow up and assist with injury cases.
- Organize safety talks
- Assist with scheduled monthly department safety meetings.
- Conduct safety orientations for new hires, outside contractors and visitors.
- Conduct safety and equipment audits.
- Promote daily good housekeeping standards.
- Manage CBT and BBT system.
- Conduct BBSOs
- Correspond environmental items to Regional Environmental Manager and correspond health and safety items to the Regional HS Manger
- Conduct environmental and safety audits.
- Set up testing for Industrial Hygiene and Hearing Conservation.
- Lead 6S
- Report environmental permits to state and local agencies
- Assist with completing environmental documents and records.
- Ensure maintenance requirements on all environmental permits are completed by due date
- Complete J.S.AS (Job Safety Analysis)
REQUIREMENTS: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Application