EHS and Facilities Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hill-Rom is a $2.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionJob Summary:
Support the EHS Manager with environmental, health, and safety compliance for the plant operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: - Other duties may be assigned and, as part of all job duties, employees are entrusted with a permanent mission of research and invention.
* Provide technical support for the Environmental, Health and Safety function at Hill-Rom, Batesville operations.
* Assist in developing specific EHS programs that target the prevention of EHS impacts in the workplace and address high risk activities. Assist with project management for the implementation of these programs across all the various departments within the business.
* Assist in developing, implementing and making continual process improvements to the local EHS Management system by updating EHS policies and procedures to ensure they are practical, current and meet the relevant regulations.
* Coordinate/perform environmental, health and safety audits and associated evaluations to ensure compliance with regulations, good management practices, corporate strategy and initiatives, and corporate policies/procedures.
* Assist with reducing the effects of workplace and environmental stresses to acceptable levels, and assure compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety regulations, appropriate codes and company procedures.
* Assist in establishing pertinent strategies and initiatives to control/eliminate safety and health hazards and eliminate injuries/illnesses.
* Assist in capturing specific EHS compliance and performance data and develop effective strategies to communicate statistics to the various stakeholders within the business.
* Assess health and safety information dissemination and training needs. Provide consultation, education and training for management and employees to understand the health and safety related risks and their role in reducing these risks for the protection of employee health and safety
QualificationsRequired Education, Experience and Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Strong Microsoft office application skills
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, communications, and team work skills. Able to communicate across all levels of the organization
* Strong sense of urgency and desire to lead
* Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects at one time
* Self-starter and able to complete tasks without direct supervision
Note: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
* Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds, climb, bend, walk, & stoop while handling materials for extended periods of time
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled Persons
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://hillrom.contacthr.com/50745046.jpg /