E&I Maintenance Supervisor II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 7/12/2017
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
The Electrical Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising, directing and coordinating the work of all electrical maintenance personnel for an assigned crew within the paper mill (3 paper machines or 2 paper machines and an OCC plant). The supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction to ensure the safety of the workforce, provide quality and efficient execution of goals, schedule and execute planned work, monitor crew performance, provide problem analysis for equipment history, submit accurate reports of work execution, take appropriate action in response to emergencies, and administer company policies as they relate to assigned personnel.
* Crew safety, following NFPA 70E, OSHA, and mill policies.
* Direct supervision of bargaining unit electrical and instrumentation electricians in the Maintenance Department. This includes, but is not limited to, initiating corrective action, initiating commendations, and writing and presenting performance appraisals.
* Coordinate with the training department to ensure crew members have completed all required training.
* Coordinate and communicate with maintenance planners to ensure work is completed based on priority and equipment availability.
* Generate a weekly and daily schedule and assign maintenance personnel their work based on that schedule and the corresponding work orders.
* For each scheduled job verify that all safety requirements, predetermined equipment, appropriate tools, materials, and the equipment to be maintained are available and ready for the scope of work that is scheduled.
* Monitor and direct work execution.
* Monitor work in progress and completed work to ensure that quality standards are met within the prescribe time frame.
* Communicate work status to operations and solicit feedback.
* Assign personnel to scheduled jobs such that skill and training opportunities are maximized.
* Accept and execute properly authorized emergency work and maintain a planned backlog for use during unscheduled equipment outages.
* Conduct periodic inspections of area equipment and facilities and write work orders when malfunctions are observed.
* Direct excess parts and materials to be returned to the Storeroom.
* Understand and follow the Bargaining Agreement and the Seniority Work Rules as they relate to personnel coordination.
* Inspect and promote housekeeping both in the shops and at the job site.
* Conduct safety and crew meetings as scheduled. Review required topics, record attendance, and write minutes for distribution.
* Conduct safety observations.
* Continually assess the performance of the crew. Recommend and initiate opportunities for continuous improvement.
* Strong leadership and communication skills.
* A strong working knowledge of electrical components used in an industrial environment. Strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical proficiency, and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced production setting.
* Self-motivated individual with a take-charge attitude and an understanding of personnel management techniques.
* Understand the capabilities of craftsmen, internal shops and external shops.
* Understanding of activities and procedures required for efficient and quality work completion.
* Strong computer skills including, but not limited to a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project. Experience with JDE is very helpful.
* Previous electrical maintenance supervisory experience in paper mill operations is preferred.
* Experience with kraft, linerboard, and corrugated medium machines is highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled