E&I Technician (West Dallas)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're excited by the idea of working for a market-leading company in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference then GAF may be the place for you.
The successful candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting PLC, electrical, and instrumentation issues in our Dallas, Texas facility. This is a bargaining unit, possible rotation shift position reporting to the maintenance department.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Install, program, maintain and troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLCs. (PLC, SLC, CLX)
* Install, maintain and troubleshoot servos and servo drives. (Kinentix, Ultra)
* Install, maintain and troubleshoot variable frequency drives. (VFD's)
* Install, maintain and troubleshoot industrial networks. (ControlNet, DeviceNet, HART, Ethernet)
* Install, maintain and troubleshoot analog instrumentation and controllers.
* Must be able to use and maintain any tools, meters, and shop equipment required to perform tasks.
* Work with applicable predictive technologies to improve operations.
* Know and apply plant safety regulations and practices.
* Assist with maintaining accurate storeroom, calibration, and historical records.
* Perform the duties of this job as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor to further improve the performance of plant electrical systems.
* Work in a neat and orderly manner and be responsible for safety and good housekeeping at all times.
* Participate in continuing professional development and training process.
* Work with WonderWare/HMI, Virtual Machine, Industrial Networking, ThinManager/ThinClient and other software as dictated.
* Two year technical degree in industrial controls or robotics or 5 plus years demonstrable experience with such. Preferred candidate will have the two year technical degree and 2 to 3 years hands on experience.
* Able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays depending on production requirements.
* Able to provide own tools and toolbox.
* Must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving multiple physical variables in everyday situations.
* Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external technical resources.
* Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a team or independently to achieve objectives.
* Able to successfully pass background and drug screen.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, and vacation. At GAF we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.