This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Accountabilities
Crown Cork & Seal s North American Beverage Packaging Division has openings for Production Electricians at their new manufacturing facility located in Nichols, New York. This facility will manufacture aluminum cans for the beverage industry. This position will trouble-shoot, repair, program, replace, maintain and install electrical/electronic systems for production related equipment and building utilities within this high-speed state-of-the-art metal packaging manufacturing facility. Equipment includes body makers, printers, washers as well as other packaging machinery. Responsibilities include following all local, state and federal electrical codes. Documentation of problems and maintenance of equipment and facility systems are also required. These positions will also provide training for equipment operation and safety precautions. Responsibilities also include installing and maintaining new and existing electrical wiring within the facility.
* A high school graduate or equivalent with 4+ years working experience in a manufacturing setting (high-speed manufacturing is preferred).
* An Associates/technical degree is preferred or a related vocational/technical certification (state electrical license, journeyman license, etc.).
* Knowledge of Allen Bradley/Omron/Direct Logic PLC's are required as well as integrated Window software to analyze AC/DC, single phase and 3 phase generators and AC/DC motors, relays, switches, breaker transformers and power panels.
* Knowledge of single and 3-phase up to 440 volt.
* This position also requires the individual to be able to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics and parts specifications.
* Effective and proven communication skills working in a team environment.
* Both domestic and international travel may be required for training for this position.
* Employees must have their own set of basic tools.
* Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, both day and evening.
* Must have the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on occasion.
Crown offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/prescription/ life insurance and income protection benefits as well as a company funded pension plan, 401(K), stock purchase, tuition reimbursement and gain sharing programs. Also, as part of our Total Safety Culture, Crown is committed to the safety, health and well-being of all of our employees and their families.