This position is for an entry level embryologist who has previous experience with animal models of assisted reproduction and can perform some embryological techniques including oocyte identification/grading, semen preparations, pronuclear evaluation, embryo evaluation, embryo transfer and embryo freezing. This is a flexible position with rotating weekend call. The hours are contingent on the case schedule.
* Perform ART techniques as required including: human oocyte micromanipulation, assisted hatching, embryo transfer, retrieval of human oocytes, denuding human oocytes, assessing fertilization status of human embryos, cryopreservation of embryos, thawing of embryos, insemination of human oocytes, and sperm preparation.
* Media preparation for all laboratory procedures.
* Complete and maintain detailed paperwork for all laboratory procedures.
* Daily and weekly quality control of all equipment.
* Order and stock all laboratory supplies.
* Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures (semen analysis and IUI preps) for Andrology Service.
* Maintenance of program statistics.
* Other duties as required by the Lab Director and/or IVF Director.
Bachelors degree in biology or related field.
0-3 years experience
Must be detail oriented.
Must be able to follow protocols and function well under pressure.
Must be proficient at identifying and organizing necessary tasks.
Must be able to function as a member of the laboratory team. Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged