EMC Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
National Technical Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NTS JOB OPPORTUNITIES
"At NTS we believe our success comes from enduring, value-added relationships with our clients and our employees. We believe that the utilization of best practices delivered by a motivated and prepared workforce will allow us to provide awesome customer service and achieve the financial success all of our stakeholders deserve. "
NTS is constantly looking for the best technical talent for positions at our offices and laboratories located throughout the US, Canada, Europe and Asia. The NTS culture is one that treats each employee as a key part of the puzzle that makes us who we are.
Start today! Use our Job Search feature below to review current openings and submit your resume today. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to speaking with you!
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through the NTS Jobs Opportunities page, please email us. No other requests will be acknowledged. EEO M/F/D/V
JOB OPENING - EMC TEST ENGINEER
Reference ID: CHIEMCTE
Title: EMC Test Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Permanent
NTS Chicago in Mount Prospect, IL is seeking an EMC Test Engineer to set up and perform EMC tests, coordinate the maintenance and calibration of EMC test equipment, and work with clients to meet their needs. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, enjoys solving problems in a fast-paced environment, and works directly with clients to help them solve their problems. Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship and pass a drug test and a DMV and an extensive background check.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide direct EMC testing services to clients
* Assist with the maintenance and calibration of EMC test equipment
* Work directly with OEM suppliers on specific projects
* Troubleshoot equipment to remediate EMC issues to bring equipment into compliance
* Maintain current, high level of knowledge of agency standards and testing procedures
* Participate as a team member to accomplish departmental and corporate objectives
* Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of NTS processes and capabilities
* Perform other job related duties as assigned
* Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and able to pass a drug test and DMV and an extensive background check
* Bachelor s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent and 2+ years direct EMC testing experience OR we will consider someone with 5+ years of direct EMC testing experience for an independent test lab or to a wide variety of standards in lieu of a degree
* CISPR, FCC, EN Standards, Automotive, MIL-STD and Avionics experience
* Ability to utilize a variety of test equipment to test diverse client equipment
* Ability to follow detailed test procedures consistently overtime
* Ability to interface well with all types of individuals and all levels of employees, clients, and vendors
* Ability to learn new standards and apply to testing
* Good communication and customer service skills
* Strong computer proficiency with MS Office
* Extensive knowledge of compliance testing and the compliance testing industry
* Experience with EMC testing of commercial and automotive products desired
* Experience with MIL-STD testing desired
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V