This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Provides assistance to patients in the EMG Lab and performs brief neuromuscular examinations as requested by physicians .
* Performs brief neuromuscular examinations as requested by the attending physician or EMG clinical fellow. Records pertinent history of the patient's primary symptoms. Outlines the nature of the procedures and tests with the patient. Answers questions patients may have as to hazards or discomforts presented by the test or procedures.
* Determines the electro diagnostic studies to perform based on the preceding neuromuscular exam. Consults with the Senior EMG Technologist or Medical Director about the appropriateness of the diagnostic study, interpretation of the studies, or technical problems. Ensures that inpatients are ready to be transported back to the unit promptly and safely when tests are completed.
* Prepares a summary report of the electrophysiological data and compiles representative original recordings. Schedules and prioritizes patients through the EMG laboratory to ensure that urgent studies are conducted promptly. Ensures all other requests for electrodiagnostic tests are completed.
* Maintains a high standard of cleanliness in the laboratory and completes the proper care and sterilization of reusable needle electrodes. Orders electrodes and other EMG laboratory supplies. Ensures the proper maintenance and function of the equipment used in the laboratory. Conducts quality control testing of equipment as necessary.
* High School diploma or GED required. Vocational or Technical training in Electromyography Technician Training Program preferred.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* 1+ years experience in patient care services
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Training in patient care skills such as medical assisting.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Neurology EMG Lab
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf