EMS Administrative Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 91345
The Educational Assistant will interact with students, CES Coordinators and agencies of contacted schools to schedule and coordinate professional education courses. The Educational Assistant will provide support and assistance to the functional department leads in delivering components of the various training programs offered by NCTI. They will be responsible for tracking student grades and attendance and will prepare and close course documentation. Other responsibilities will include maintaining a variety of paperwork, files and databases, as well as frequently interacting with provider agencies, EMS agencies, counties and other agencies as directed. The Educational Assistant serves a variety of internal customers, including department leads, instructors and students, as assigned, but reports directly to National Professional Education Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares Professional Education course paperwork and files for National courses.
* Billing & payment processing for Professional Education courses.
* Maintains instructor certification files. Processes certification renewals.
* Maintains databases of NCTI students, instructors, and contact information.
* Maintains equipment inventory and check out. Orders supplies and materials to keep equipment properly stocked.
* Maintains constant communication with approved, contracted paramedic training schools, AMR CES Coordinators, and National College of Technical Instruction (NCTI).
* Facilitate department communicates in written and verbal form with department leads, instructors, managers, other support staff members, and all levels and employees within the organizational structure.
* Answers telephone and returns customer, student & employees calls and emails timely.
* Organizes and controls as directed, the flow of incoming and outgoing correspondence within the NCTI department.
* Sends, receives and delivers confidential faxes.
* Types a variety of documents and correspondence including memos, letters, reports, etc.
* Compiles and prints reports as directed or as needed for tracking or reporting purposes.
* Provides clerical support for department leads and instructors, including copying, typing, editing, proofing, phone calls, scheduling meetings and conducting research.
* Attends a variety of meetings. Composes and distributes minutes of meetings.
* As directed, assists department leads with schedules and coordination of instructors for the various courses and programs offered by NCTI.
* Accepts and records payments.
* Strictly maintains the confidentiality of all student, faculty & staff information and implements measures to ensure its security as well as compliance with all applicable statues and regulations pertaining thereto.
* Maintains process and systems development for everyday filing systems and databases for students (example contact information) and instructors (example: licenses and certification expiration dates). Maintains attendance rosters and course files.
* As directed, assists Business Manager and Programs Manager with special projects.
* Follows and enforces proper procedures and processes set by NCTI, Contracted Agencies, and Educational Curriculum.
* Miscellaneous tasks including maintaining overall professional appearance of the NCTI office, to reflect a professional, as well as an open door atmosphere for students, instructors and outside agencies.
* High school diploma or GED.
* 1-2 years administrative experience, which includes previous experience working independently, prioritizing, managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
* Previous experience working with confidential information.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including: Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone call processing and problem resolution.
* Type 40-60 wpm.
* Organization and planning skills.
* Positive people skills and ability to interact and contribute significantly in a team environment.
* Due to the nature of the education and services provided by the institute, a basic understanding of medical terminology is desirable, as well as some familiarity with basic program titles and requirements.
* Work related travel, use of personal vehicle, or early/late work hours are only occasionally required to accommodate program schedules.