EMT Basic- AMR of Philadelphia, PA- Sign of Bonus $1000.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAMR is Now Hiring EMTS and offering a Sign on Bonus of $1,000 for Full Time Employees
Excellent Benefits, Competitive Salary, PTO, 401K, Flexible Scheduling
The mission and purpose of this position are to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Minimum Qualifications: Required: High school diploma or equivalent (GED), minimum of 18 years of age, current state/national registry EMT Certification, current CPR Card, valid Driver's License, driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability and effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must have ability to pass a physical ability test. Some advanced education, Emergency Vehicle Driving Training certification preferred. Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Arrive at work location on time for scheduled shift routinely as scheduled.
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment to assess patient and carry out basic life support functions.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Assist paramedic or nurse with the preparation of advanced life support equipment.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance or provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Maintain valid and current certifications at all times.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
* Document activities completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.