ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY TECH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Environmental Health and Safety Tech
* Maintain the Joint Commission required documentation, records, and oversee related program compliance; additional record maintenance and filing responsibilities associated with state, local and federal regulatory requirements.
* Prepare reports, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheets, database, or presentation software.
* Assist in researching environmental health and safety topics and/or state or federal databases as needed for planning, acquisitions, and compliance.
* Prepare reports and correspondence as required to support environmental health and safety initiatives and programs.
* Identify and monitor safe work procedures.
* Develop and disseminate testing manuals and documentation around health and safety compliance.
* Follow procedures for generator, medical gases, sprinkler system, fire alarm and related infrastructure testing at designated locations.
* Know, apply, and document state, OSHA, and federal regulations, and identify problems and suggest remedies.
* Maintains detailed safety log/maintenance records.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Post-secondary degree/certificate in related field preferred
* Minimum of 5 years of technician or related work experience required
* Experience in healthcare and the Joint Commission accreditation requirements required
* Basic knowledge and understanding of OSHA, EPA, TJC, and NFPA requirements required
* HILTI (or similar) fire stopping training preferred Firestop 101- What every A/E should know; Firestop 302- Special Inspection of Fire stopping: Understanding and complying with the 2012 IBC requirements preferred
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.