EPDM System Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDaikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
EPDM System Administrator Summary:
As a CAD/PDM Engineer or Technician it is main task to provide design engineers, mechanical designers and CAD designers and others using the SolidWorks Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Product Data Management (PDM) tools with user support and to help find solutions to issues related to the tools used. CAD/PDM Engineer or Technician will also give training sessions to new users and update existing users about new methods or functionalities. Support Engineer will be needed to manage exchange of design updates to and from external suppliers and collaborators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of engineering software applications including 2D and 3D CAD packages as well as PDM products
* Provide support and training to associates on the use of engineering software
* Help to develop procedures for reviewing and fully testing all new and existing software utilized on engineering workstations and servers. Determines the impact new software and upgrades will have on the users and the network prior to implementation
* Offer excellent service to internal and external ADC members
* Provide imaginative and thorough solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
* Provide technical leadership in cross-functional New Product Introduction process.
* Support project management as technical lead, or for moderate programs as overall project manager.
* Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum 2 years technical degree - with documented CAD/PDM contents
* Minimum of 1 year experience in managing and supporting 3D CAD software in a Microsoft Windows networking environment
* Minimum of 2 years experience in the design of mechanical components and systems
* Understanding of Database Administration and CAD Software support including SolidWorks and EPDM
* Minimum of 3 years experience and training in SolidWorks and at least in one of following:
* PDM/Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software tool such as EPDM, PDMWorks, DBWorks, Matrix one, Team Center or Smart Team.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in mechanical design/fabricated parts or plant design for the ability to understand the design process and its requirements on the software tools.
* Position requires excellent verbal written and documentation skills. Must be able to communicate to all levels.
* Must be adept at clearly conveying technical information to non-technical users.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Replacement - Jeff Brusen
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled