EPMO Portfolio Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Merrill Corporation offers exceptional opportunities to grow your career with leading edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative and global environment. Our employees are a dedicated and supportive team of the industry s best people and the work offers some of the most rewarding challenges. From our focused, energetic work teams to our collaborative, results-oriented environment, cloud technologies and sound strategy, Merrill Corporation values its employees and wants them to know they re part of an industry global leader.
Merrill Corporation's EPMO Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio(s) of projects and/or programs undertaken within a function to ensure alignment with the organization's strategic objectives. In coordination with leadership and internal IT partners, acts as the process owner and facilitate the Demand Management project submission and prioritization process. The incumbent will develop and document the functional Portfolio model and ensured the Demand Management process submission and prioritization process is followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Monitors overall portfolio for active projects and proposals.
* Reviews portfolio status across function and recommends adjustments to ensure successful delivery across the portfolio.
* Tracks performance metrics required to ensure PMO goals and objectives are met.
* Compiles metrics relating to portfolio status and adherence to defined processes.
* Acts as consultant to functional leadership on Portfolio plan, ensuring portfolio strategic alignment and that all projects add business value and deliver promised benefit and return.
* Consults with senior management, staff and clients regarding Portfolio strategies.
* Understands complex business issues across many functions, markets and industries facing the client.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak to all levels of employees within the organization
* Proven effectiveness in building partnerships internally and externally
* Ability to influence and manage expectations with senior leadership
* Ability to execute and facilitate productive senior leadership meetings; foster collaboration
* Demonstrated ability to act decisively and make sound and timely decisions; involves others appropriately in decision-making
* Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills, including an ability to provide solutions to technical and non-technical problems
* Demonstrated ability to accept ownership, take initiative and assume responsibility for self, staff and the team
* Drives initiatives
* Develops solutions and ideas that add value
* Establishes and maintains partnerships across the entire organization
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications
* 5-7 years portfolio demand management, governance and project management experience
* Knowledge of the portfolio management process, methodology, governance and risk assessment
* Knowledge of many technologies, particularly as they relate to business needs of a client being supported
* Understands and has knowledge and background of PPM (Project and Portfolio Management) technologies and tools
Merrill is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Visit this URL to know more http://www.merrillcorp.com/eeo-aae-policy.htm
Merrill participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Merrill is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
Merrill is a drug-free workplace.