ER - RN - FT Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Port Arthur, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
The RN is responsible and accountable for directing, planning, and organizing the nursing activities on the unit for an assigned shift with focus on patient, physician and staff needs. The RN is responsible for delivering skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, ancillary, and other team personnel; acts as patient advocate; and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS APPLICABLE WHEN ACTING AS SHIFT CHARGE NURSE:
The charge nurse is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of nursing care and operation of the nursing unit during his/her shift in a manner consistent with hospital policies while maintaining a culture of safety, open communication, team building, and customer satisfaction. The charge nurse demonstrates critical thinking skills.
* Make patient care assignments based on patient acuity and the skill, experience and competencies of the nursing staff with consideration for a collaborative, harmonious and compatible nurse-patient relationship.
* Promotion of a patient-centered culture of safety, teamwork, accountability, communication and efficiency.
* Evaluate and modify patient care assignments as needed
* Demonstrate effective clinical reasoning, the ability to effectively reprioritize patient/unit needs and implement rescue efforts as warranted
* Assisting in the orientation, evaluation and supervision of agency/temporary staff, new nurses and other staff as needed.
* Effective communication between nursing and other hospital staff, physicians, patients, their families, and visitors as appropriate, regarding but not limited to:
Changes in patients' condition
Results of diagnostic tests
Safety and quality of care concerns
Customer satisfaction concerns
* Delegates tasks or interventions in accordance with the Texas Administrative Code Rule 224.6 to ensure patient safety through ongoing supervision and accountability.
* Activates the Chain of Command as appropriate
* Ensures compliance with hospital policies and procedures, regulatory and statutory requirements including but not limited to:
Infection Control standards
State of Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
* Experience of 1-2 years Medical/Surgical/ICU/E.D./OR/PACU/OPS/NICU preferred
* Current RN licensure in the state of Texas
* Certification level courses (ACLS, NRP, etc.) as per department specific competencies
* NIHS Scale, stroke education and cardiac education as per department specific competencies
* Current BLS certification in all areas
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to sit, stand, walk, squat, bend, reach, twist, and climb stairs. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry up to 24 pounds, push or pull up to 500 pounds on wheeled beds or stretcher, and use both hands for power grip, speed work, and precision work. Occasional exposure to fumes, blood, and body fluids, and potentially hazardous materials. The ability to retrieve, communicate, or otherwise present information in a written, auditory, or visual fashion is essential; the primary method to express or exchange ideas is through the spoken work, therefore must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Primary Location: Texas-Port Arthur
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days