ERISA Attorney 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY If you're entrepreneurial, business-minded and always craving the next challenge, we would love to have you join us on our mission to shape the future of law.
Our attorneys benefit from a self-directed practice, flexibility, top tier peers and access to the world's largest and most innovative clients - all with a full suite of benefits including paid time off, healthcare and professional development resources.
Currently, we're on the hunt for exceptional ERISA attorneys to join our ranks with:
* 5+ years of experience at a top law firm, exceptional academic credentials; in-house experiencepreferred
* Experience providing counsel on compliance with laws relevant to retirement plan participation including but not limited to, ERISA Title I, SEC, and IRS
* Ability to develop innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives
* Active membership with good standing in at least one state
The responsibilities for this role will include:
* Providing practical legal advice and support on ERISA fiduciary issues such as reviewing and negotiation investment documentation, fiduciary governance and fee disclosure
* Representing benefit plan fiduciaries on planinvestment issues including advising on ERISA issues in connection with alternative investments
* Advising on the application of prohibited transaction exemptions and reviewing and negotiating ERISA provisions in agreements such as investment management agreements, adoption agreements, leases, derivative agreements, and note purchase agreements
* Collaborating with and managing senior cross-functional stakeholders for compliance with regulatory and corporate policy mandates
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
With over 1,200 (and growing) Axiomites based around the world, we seek to live up to the New York Times' prediction that: "A more sweeping transformation may be on the horizon. And it may look a lot like Axiom".
Our company is ranked #1 in business of law, innovation in corporate strategy _and_ innovation in law firm efficiency by the Financial Times, and our CEO Mark Harris is recognized by Forbes as a "name you need to know" and by the National Law Journal as a "top ten agent for change".