ERM AML Investigator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 1/28/2017
Cadence Bank N.A.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe position will perform investigations of potential suspicious activity alerts generated by the Bank s automated suspicious activity monitoring system, perform monitoring of high risk customers, and escalate any alerts that warrant further investigation to an AML Investigator II. As needed, the analyst will assist in the development and fine-tuning of the bank s AML detection scenarios, risk assessments, enhanced due diligence, global sanctions screening, and training related to the identification and reporting of suspicious activity.
Essential Job Duties:
* Investigate, review and resolve AML related alerts/issues that arise from the suspicious activity monitoring system, surveillance, subpoenas, referral, news and other sources.
* Ensure proper documentation is gathered and retained to support all alert investigations.
* Escalate AML-related issues and make recommendations for resolution as appropriate.
* Serve as a liaison to Fraud Department.
* Assist with responses to internal and external AML-related audits, including implementation of action plans.
* Support the implementation and updates of the AML transaction monitoring system, including testing detection scenarios, documenting results and supporting recommended changes.
* Periodically review the effectiveness of the program parameters/rules and recommend changes according to alert and SAR trends.
* Investigation and escalation of transaction monitoring alerts and queries.
* Maintain quality of alert process, including quality narratives, proper alert escalation, proper alert closure, and supporting documentation.
* Coordinate the risk rating of customers based on the bank s approved risk models.
* Assist in the development of the bank s risk profile.
* Assist with special projects as assigned.
* Maintain knowledge of the AML/BSA related regulations and the AML monitoring system and remain current with AML related laws, rules and guidelines.
* Partner with manager in performance management, understand expectations and seek access to continuing education and development through internal and external (e.g. Industry Associations) sources.
* Participate in the update of AML Policies and Procedures.
* Assist in the development of BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance training for new hires and employees.
* Provide support, as requested, for periodic AML risk assessments.
* Maintain regulatory/compliance risk management and anti-money laundering related requirements including BSA, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC and other applicable U.S. regulations.
* At least 1 year of fraud work experience or at least 1 year of investigative work experience or at least 1 year of compliance work experience.
* Ability to apply knowledge of USA AML requirements, and implementing compliance with AML, BSA and USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC policies and procedures. The candidate should be knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, to include the BSA USA PATRIOT Act, U.S. Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements.
* The candidate must have a strong writing, analytical and communication skills and be able to multi-task and complete projects on time. Should be a self-starter and organized; ability to work independently, without supervision.
* The candidate must have strong research skills, advanced skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and experience with online research systems including the internet.
* The candidate should have knowledge of banking compliance requirements.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.
* BSA/AML or Fraud Certification is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.