ETL / Business Intelligence Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
TransCore Intelligent Transportation Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a ETL / Business Intelligence Developer to join our team in Houston, Texas.
The Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Developer will work on all phases of the development lifecycle supporting enterprise data warehouse efforts. The individual will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of data integration, data warehouse, data cubes, ad-hoc SQL Server/Oracle based reporting and BI solutions used to provide reporting and key metrics to Business and Operations team. The primary platform is the Microsoft BI stack, with knowledge of the Oracle stack preferable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform the complete Data Warehouse lifecycle, including design and development, data profiling, debugging/testing, support and enhancements.
* Design and implement ETL Flows for the data warehouse.
* Design and implement reports based on business requirements. Gather reporting and analysis requirements and translate into reporting structures data models, including aggregate tables, pivot tables, and relational and dimensional (star-schema) marts.
* Conduct ETL performance tuning, troubleshooting, support, and capacity estimation.
* Design, develop, and deploy Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, and KPIs) for complex business problems.
* Troubleshoot and support all SQL Server/Oracle reporting and BI related production processing.
Education: Bachelor s degree in Engineering/Computer Science/MIS/CIS
Required Skills & Experience:
* 7-10 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server database design, development and administration
* MS SQL Server
* T-SQL, PLSQL,ETL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Multi-Dimensional Expressions (MDX),
* Metadata layer development and front-end integration
* Windows scripting, database and application design patterns integral to data integration and data delivery, including Star Databases, MOLAP, Metadata Layer Development, and Model View Controller integration
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to focus on results, quality and satisfaction in a fast paced environment.
* Experience in complex data warehouse, business intelligence and measurement analysis projects
* Exposure to dealing with the challenges of large relational data sets, including load performance, query performance, archiving, etc.
* DBA: Backup/Recovery, Data Modeling, Performance Tuning
* Experience with Tableau or Power Pivot is a plus
* C# programming experience is a plus
* Agile development experience is a plus.
A leader in the transportation industry since 1934, TransCore provides innovative, technical solutions including next generation Open Road Tolling, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Radio Frequency Identification systems that secure access and vehicle registration for airports, hospitals, parking garages, border patrols, trucking fleets and rail carriers. TransCore also operates tolling customer service centers for transportation agencies throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Dubai. TransCore is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc., a diversified growth company in the S&P 500, Fortune 1000 and Russell 1000 indices.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and r sum s are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited r sum s from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.