This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Center City, PA
Duration: 12monthscontract with possible extensions
* Participate in the development and support of an enterprise wide data transformation and movement architecture and platform.
* Design, develop and test ETL applications consistent with application architecture guidelines.
* Design error-processing routines.
* Create/manage batch processes.
* Access disparate data sources (databases, hardware devices, VSAM and flat files) and applyinternal and external business rules, policies and data quality measures.
* Insure the data is safely and securely transferred to target destinations.
* Gather mapping and reporting requirements and coordinate all data movement activities.
* Analyze business requirements as they relate to the ETL process, research, evaluate and recommend alternative solutions.
* Transform business requirements into technical requirement documents.
* Analyze, develop, install, test, upgrade, maintain and support complex data/process models, and processes in an ETL environment..
* Work productively in a team environment.
* Communicate effectively with business and IT staff across functional departments.
* Work with management and staff to establish best practice standards for ETL functions.
* Lead development of new methodologies for supporting data transformations and processing in a corporate-wide ETL solution..
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies and standards and provide technical direction to management and users.
* Provide technical direction to other team members including contractors and employees.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
* 8+ years of total IT experience.
* 5+ years of experience with ETL tool in a data warehouse environment is a must. Experience with both Server and Enterprise editions preferred.
* Experience with IBM's MDM software is a definite plus.
* Knowledge of Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) disciplines.
* Knowledge of database loading methods.
* Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies..
* Knowledge of AIX UNIX systems and tools.
* Knowledge of all phases of the system development life cycle.
* Strong problem resolution skills.
* Strong testing and debugging skills.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to take ownership responsibility for development and maintenance projects.