This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONETL DEVELOPER
The ETL developer will work as part of the Data Services team reporting to the Data Architect. They will be primarily responsible for implementing ETL processes that populate Kimball style star schemas using a variety of source data on multiple new SQL Server 2014 data warehouse implementations supporting a product. They will also participate in the requirements gathering process and assist with designing the business process dimensional models. The candidate will have a deep understanding of both OLTP and star schemas with OLAP being a huge plus. Further, they will do deep analysis on source data to determine the feasibility of using this data to solve business needs. The resulting ETL processes should be scalable, efficient, audited and as re-usable as possible.
* Develop, design, tune and maintain SSIS packages to perform the ETL process.
* Design and develop SQL Server stored procedures, functions, views and triggers to be used during the ETL process.
* Perform data profiling and source to target mappings (while capturing ETL and business metadata) for populating Kimball style dimensional models.
* Write scripts for automated testing of data in the target facts and dimensions.
* Capture audit information during all phases of the ETL process.
* Write and maintain documentation of the ETL processes via process flow diagrams.
* Conduct appropriate functional and performance testing to identify bottlenecks and data quality issues.
* Be able to implement slowly changing dimensions as well as transaction, accumulating snapshot, and periodic snapshot fact tables.
* Collaborate with business users, other data services team members, and otherdevelopers throughout the organization to help everyone understand issues that affect the data warehouse.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* 3-5years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence projects.
* 5-10years of experience with relational databases (SQL Server).
* 3-5years of experience with ETL tool set, preferably SSIS.
* Experience pulling data from a variety of data source types (Postgres a plus).
* Dimensional modeling experience preferably with a modeling tool such as Toad Data Modeler, ERwin, Embarcadero etc.
* Familiarity with the Kimball lifecycle.
* Strong experience interfacing with business users and understanding their requirements.
* Experience with OLAP is strongly preferred. SSAS and MDX knowledge is highly desirable.
* Java and/or .NET experience a plus.