ETL Developer 9/2/2016
Financial Services Company
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CompuGain is currently seeking an experience ETL Developer for an excellent job opportunity. The ETL Developer is responsible for the definition, development, and testing of the processes and programs necessary to extract data from the client's operational databases/files and deliver it to the desired target environments.
Duties include extraction, transformation, cleansing and loading of data into a data warehouse, data marts, etc. The ETL Developer is experienced with all of the techniques used to manage and maintain a data warehouse environment. The ETL Developer defines the program specifications for the data migration processes, as well as the necessary test plans used to ensure successful execution. The ETL Developer is also responsible for managing the metadata associated with the ETL processes used to populate the data warehouse. Knowledge of data warehousing ETL procedures such as changing dimension strategies and use of surrogate values is a necessity.
Depending on one's performance, ability, and career goals, there will be ample opportunities to expand one's skill sets beyond ETL development and into the various aspects of the IBM InfoSphere Information Server Suite, such as QualityStage, Information Analyzer, Change Data Delivery, Balance Optimizer, and Master Data Management.
* Participate in the development and support of an enterprise wide data transformation and movement architecture and platform.
* Design, develop and test ETL applications consistent with application architecture guidelines.
* Design error-processing routines.
* Create/manage batch processes.
* Access disparate data sources (databases, hardware devices, VSAM and flat files) and applyinternal and external business rules, policies and data quality measures.
* Insure the data is safely and securely transferred to target destinations.
* Gather mapping and reporting requirements and coordinate all data movement activities.
* Analyze business requirements as they relate to the ETL process, research, evaluate and recommend alternative solutions.
* Transform business requirements into technical requirement documents.
* Analyze, develop, install, test, upgrade, maintain and support complex data/process models, and processes in an ETL environment.
* Provide project estimates, plans, and schedules.
* Work productively in a team environment.
* Communicate effectively with business and IT staff across functional departments.
* Work with management and staff to establish best practice standards for ETL functions.
* Lead development of new methodologies for supporting data transformations and processing in a corporate-wide ETL solution.
* Provide after business hours support for production ETL systems.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies and standards and provide technical direction to management and users.
* Provide technical direction to other team members including contractors and employees.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
* 8+ years of total IT experience.
* 5+ years of experience with the IBM InfoSphere Information Server ETL tool in a data warehouse environment is a must. Experience with both Server and Enterprise editions preferred.
* Experience with UNIX scripting, SQL, DMExpress, FilePort also strongly preferred.
* Experience with QualityStage, Information Analyzer, and Change Data Delivery (CDD) will get top priority in considerations.
* Experience with IBM's MDM software is a definite plus.
* Knowledge of Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) disciplines.
* Knowledge of database loading methods.
* Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies.
* Knowledge of Greenplum database platforms.
* Knowledge of mainframe file structures, namely copybooks is a plus.
* Knowledge of AIX UNIX systems and tools.
* Knowledge of all phases of the system development life cycle.
* Strong problem resolution skills.
* Strong testing and debugging skills.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to take ownership & responsibility for development and maintenance projects.
* Sound understanding of banking/financial industry processes is a plus.