EUS Expert, North America
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Service Delivery Manager, North America
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Job description: Service Delivery Manager, North America will be the point of contact within EUS (End User Services) for all Service Desk related activities across North America. The candidate will be a key contact for internal customers and Business Partners within IT, handling escalations, deployment initiatives, regional technology decisions, etc. A key part of the role will also be to manage our current and future suppliers in the EUS space, such as on-site services, managed print services, etc.
* Act as the Voice of the Customer gathering feedback from end users and key business contacts on all Business Technology activities
* Responsible for performance and activities of the Global Service Desk hub for North America
* Build synergy and collaboration with other internal colleagues involved in the management and performance of the Global Service Desk across all regions.
* Provide data and reporting of KPI s and trends to IT management through ad-hoc, weekly and monthly meetings as needed.
* Manage Suppliers for End User Services and other EUS-related activities
* Manage financial controls including contracts, supplies, and staffing
* Guide customers through all support processes (including Global processes) when needed
* Translate and communicate Business Technology Initiatives to the customers
* Manage internal communication through written, in-person and digital formats
* End to end involvement for the provision of all Business Technology services and projects
* Provide a positive and supportive experience for customers at all times
* Enforce compliance and security standards in partnership with appropriate BT teams
* Engage in innovation activities, such as process improvements, pilots, etc.
- Handle escalations and complaints and follow through to completion, even when not directly accountable
- Accountability for specific IT services at designated locations (Seattle, WA / Hayward, CA)
- Travel (Up to 25%) Mostly within North America
- ADA Requirements Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs and be able to sit or stand for extended periods
- Bachelor s degree (4 year college degree) preferred
- Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
- ITIL Certification a plus
* 6-10+ years IT experience in a customer-facing role
* 5+ years IT Management experience within a service desk preferred
* 5+ years vendor management experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.