EVS Associate PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
West Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01554-3508
WEST HILLS HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission.
The Environmental Services Technician performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas. These include:
* Follows specific procedure to perform terminal cleaning of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new patients.
* Uses industrial cleaning agents and equipment following appropriate safety procedures.
* Operates mechanical floor cleaners, polishers and vacuums.
* Moves furniture and other objects as needed in order to ensure adequate cleaning.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications include:
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English preferred
* 6 months housekeeping experience in a healthcare or hotel setting preferred
Last Edited: 10/31/2016