EVS - Housekeeper II (FT, PT, PRN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Blanchard Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Performs day-to-day housekeeping activities primarily in patient/visitor/employee occupied areas. Assures facility is maintained in neat, clean and safe manner. Complies with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing this facility, and as may be instructed by the Manager of Environmental Services.
* Duty 1: Delivers a clean environment by performing the seven step cleaning method throughout the BVHA s facilities. Areas would include but not limited to: patient rooms / patient care areas, surgical suites, offices, and public / common areas. Does this in compliance with Joint Commission Standards, Federal, State, and Local Regulatory, Infection Control, and EVS policies / procedures.
* Duty 2: Responsible to clean and sanitize floors, medical equipment, and bed frames according to established procedures. May perform special projects as directed (wall washings, hanging cubicle curtains, window washing)
* Duty 3: Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment i.e. Kivac portable J-closet, and commercial vacuum cleaners. Responsible to report any needed repairs immediately to Service Response Center (SRC).
* Duty 4: Handles clean and soiled linens retrieving and disposing of in designated locations.
* Duty 5: Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials using standard procedures.
* Duty 6: Excellent skills in customer service ability to listen to customers, clear verbal communication, professionalism, and respect
* Duty 7: Data entry, basic computer skills, and time management
* Duty 8: Responsible to respond to identified emergency codes as a first responder.
* Duty 9: Inventories, restocks, and replenishes supplies as needed.
* Duty 10: Moves furniture, equipment and supplies in a safe and responsible manner utilizing good body mechanics to enhance a safe environment.
* Duty 11: Responsible to turn in departmental documentation (Ex: Daily sheets, Monthly time Sheets, Request for Time Off) within Established Time Frames.
* Duty 12: Attends and Participates where and when requested in educational activities, in-services, performance process improvement, accreditation process and customer service.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English in order to follow oral and written directions and documents, completions or status of assignments.
* Knowledge of simple mathematics required for determination of supply usage for reordering.
* Inventory of various counts required.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Ability to operate Environmental Services equipment helpful.
* High school education preferred but not required.
This position requires a full range of body motion walking, lifting, bending, climbing, standing/ walking long periods of time. Must be able to work at a fast pace. Must be able to lift, push, pull and move furniture, equipment, supplies and handle infectious/hazardous waste materials in a safe manner. The individual associate must be able to lift fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)