Earned Value Management (EVM) Consultant (3403)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Logistics Management Institute
Crystal City, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Seeking an Earned Value Management (EVM) Consultant for a not-for-profit government consulting organization headquartered in McLean, VA. Candidate must hold an Active DOD secret clearance and be able to work on site in the DC, VA area. Limited travel may be required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will support the Earned Value Management (EVM) compliance and reporting capabilities for the program office. Provide analysis of policy documentation, SOPs, and workflows to establish new EVM processes that allow for effective performance metrics tracking and evaluation. Review program schedules, as well as integrate them with the Earned Value Management System. Understanding of mandated reporting requirements, guidance and the principles of Integrated Performance Management within the Army DOD space.
* 5+ years of experience with the design, build and maintenance of an Earned Value Management System
* Will write local procedures and work instructions that correctly incorporate and comply with DOD EVM concepts and guidelines
* Perform schedule analysis to determine overall project performance, variances and risk areas
* Proficient with Earned Value Management analysis and application of advanced EVM techniques
* Understanding and experience utilizing the principles of Earned Value Management
* Independently perform analysis and monitoring of EV performance data and concisely briefing senior management
* Ability to produce and interpret Integrated Project Management reports
* Experience developing and maintaining compliant Integrated Master Schedules utilizing Microsoft Project, in alignment with industry best practices
* Experience in a program or portfolio management
* Experience in working with and presenting to senior management
* DOD Secret Clearance
* BA or BS Degree required
* Possession of excellent team-oriented and team-building skills
* Experience with developing spreadsheets, informational presentations, process flows, project management and EVM guidance, and creating written deliverables
* Knowledge of the system development life cycle (SDLC) processes and functions
* Possession of excellent analytical skills
* Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of Army ERP s preferred.
* Knowledge of Army logistics preferred.
* 5 or more years of management consulting experience highly desirable.
Security Clearance Statement:
DOD Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances. Please note that only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Crystal City, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.