Echo Tech - Per Diem - Echo/Stress Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 2/4/2017
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Performing complete echocardiographic examinations including M-mode, two-dimension and Doppler Echocardiography on clinical and research patients
* Assisting the Cardiologist, Fellows or other appropriate personnel in performing transesophageal echocardiographic and stress echocardiographic examinations
* This position requires providing service to the following age populations; adolescent, adult, older adult, frail elderly, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/ developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High school diploma and completion of a two-year echocardiography training program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or cardiovascular technology program accredited by the CAAHEP
* Must be registry eligible in adult echocardiography or cardiovascular technology
* Registration by a national certification organization such as American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or International Credentialing Institute (ICI) preferred
* Physical Requirements: Alternating activity, including sitting, standing, walking, occasional medium level lifting (50 lbs. maximum, regularly lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs.); occasional transportation of patients, pushing/pulling patient stretchers and heavy Echo lab equipment (more than 400 lbs.), agility (twisting, turning, bending), dexterity (handling and positioning Echo probes)
* Visual Requirements: Alternating activity including reading handwritten and computer generated information, exposure to video display terminal, color vision, near vision, ability to see in low light conditions
* Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal and low volume conversation and sounds, telephone communication
* Working Conditions: Clinical laboratory and patient rooms with alternating environments including occasional exposure to radiation (Nuclear Dept. patients and in the Cardiac Cath lab), frequent exposure to a variety of lighting conditions (lights on and off)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.