Echocardiographer- Cardiology Testing/Heart Station (Per Diem, Days)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Boston Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB OPPORTUNITY
ECHOCARDIOGRAPHER- CARDIOLOGY TESTING/HEART STATION (PER DIEM, DAYS)
JOB ID 3043785 DATE POSTED 09/16/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Under supervision, performs non-invasive diagnostic tests for cardiovascular diseases in order to support the goal of quality patient care. The Echocardiographer is responsible for preliminary echocardiographic measurements, summarizing diagnostic data and communicating information to manager or requesting physician. Performs a variety of technical duties using phono-apexcardiograms, imaging duplex and ultrasound equipment.
* Performs a variety of technical duties required in non-traumatic, non-invasive examinations using phono-apexcardiograms, imaging duplex and ultrasound equipment.
* Positions patients and operates equipment to produce the most reliable and informative data.
* Explains procedures to patients.
* Evaluates as recording occurs and performs complete analysis.
* Interprets exams and chart graphics as needed and processes hard copy results.
* Assists with managing the daily work-flow by performing portable exams.
* Performs advanced technical responsibilities, consistent with level of skills.
* Performs stress echo examinations.
* Performs dodutamine echo examinations.
* Performs vascular studies when needed.
* Performs Holter Monitor analysis for cardiac arrhythmias or abnormalities.
* Performs cardiac stress tests under direct physician supervision.
* Prepares the patient for stress test, including electrode placement. Explains and demonstrates stress test to patients.
* Observes patient; records and calculates all necessary parameters, and interprets Electrocardiogram tracing for diagnostic purposes.
* Prepares and maintains a record system for patient examination results.
* Provides guidance in performing echocardiograms to technicians, fellows and students.
* Provides guidance and direction to EKG Technicians in the absence of the Manager.
* Maintains department records, reports and files as required.
* Performs charge entry into the hospital billing system.
* Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions as required.
* Conducts interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and fellow employees in a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age groups of adult and geriatric patients regularly served. Notifies supervisor when patients in age groups not regularly served are present, and seeks assistance from individuals with the knowledge of the specialized needs of such age groups.
* Maintains work area and equipment in condition as required by department standards.
* Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies and orders new supply to prevent shortages.
* Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
* Conforms to hospital standards of conduct so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
* Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the hospital s goals and mission.
* Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures..
Work requires knowledge of Cardiology, Medical Terminology, basic Physics, Biology and Anatomy in order to perform tests and interpret raw data. Such knowledge is generally acquired through the completion of a two-year program in a related field of study (e.g., a cardiosonography technical training program). RDMS certification or eligibility strongly preferred. Work requires knowledge of general department and hospital procedures, sonography equipment as well as proficiency in performing technical work. Such knowledge is normally acquired during one year of related technical experience in sonography. Work requires good knowledge of congenital heart disease. Work requires knowledge of general cardiograph and hospital procedures, sonography equipment as well as proficiency in performing technical work. Work requires the analytical ability to solve problems of limited technical complexity. Ability to follow standardized methods, guides and procedures in the resolution of such problems. Strong interpersonal skills to explain procedures and to allay the apprehension of patients; and to interact effectively with physicians, team members, other hospital staff and patient's family. Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information. Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information. Bilingual or multi-lingual skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is a plus. apply now