Ecommerce Distribution + Supply Chain Executive Role 8/16/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY: Client Confidential
POSITION: ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION + SUPPLY CHAIN EXECUTIVE ROLE
LOCATION: Upper Midwest
REPORTING TO: CEO
COMPENSATION: Excellent Base and Bonus
RELOCATION: Relocation Provided
Our exclusive client is a fast growing Ecommerce direct to consumer distributor that has grown at almost 50% to 70% each year over the past several years.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a key leadership position with our client's executive leadership team reporting directly the company CEO. This position will require an experienced supply chain and distribution leader that is able to drive results in a fast paced and demanding growth environment, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and people centric leadership skills to drive measurable performance results that are an enabler for the company's continued rapid growth.
Key to success in this position is the ability to develop, lead and execute the business's supply chain and distribution strategy, yielding improved operational performance, value/experience for customers and enhanced revenue/margin growth for the business.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial growth environment and be that rare leadership candidate who combines strong technical supply chain / business acumen knowledge/experience with a passion for driving results and solutions that lead to continued cost effective accretive growth for the organization.
* This role will have complete supply chain leadership responsibility for multi-site distribution, logistics, and supply chain fulfillment strategy and execution.
* This role will be responsible for consistently meeting daily customer fulfillment objectives in a high mix/high volume distribution setting.
* This role will be responsible developing and maturing a top performing supply chain distribution team and instilling a culture of accountability, results and flexibility in order to meet/exceed customer fulfillment expectations in a highly entrepreneurial culture.
* This role will be responsible for the introduction of advance supply chain, continuous improvement, and distribution / logistics tools/methodologies/systems in order to help the business deliver results in customer fulfillment, quality, cost, inventory management and safety.
* This role will be responsible driving operational efficiency improvements, cost reduction efforts, and streamlining initiatives across the business's distributionnetwork.
* This role will be responsible for the preparation of annual budgets, business plans, and operating goals/objectives for the distribution sites and logistics operation's annual strategic plans.
* This role will have responsibility for the submission of financial and other management score-card metric information to senior leadership and maintaining a "no surprises" environment.
* This role will have responsibility for the management of people resources through good practices, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques.
POSITION CRITICAL SUCCESS TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* BS in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or Business
* MBA a plus
* 15+ Years of professional experience related to broad supply chain management of distribution, logistics, inventory management and sourcing.
* 10+ Years' experience with multi-site distribution management responsibility
* Strong background in the management of all logistics functions (inbound freight, both international and domestic, and inter-site freight) to insure on-time deliveries at the lowest cost.
* Strong experience leveraging, utilizing and implementing warehouse management systems (WMS) and enterprise management systems in support of effective supply chain execution
* Strong background leveraging contemporary supply chain, logistics and continuous improvement tools / methodologies to drive customer fulfillment, quality, cost, inventory management and safety.
* Solid project management skills, team facilitation skills, and excellent communication skills
POSITION CRITICAL SUCCESS BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
* Takes feedback and criticism well in order to improve self and operational performance
* Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate teams and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
* Strong analytical skills and process focus
* Strong business acumen and strategic focus
* Accountable, self-motivated, hand-on, dynamic, and passionate leadership style
* Ability to work in a fast paced results focused demanding entrepreneurial environment.