Editor- Lifestyle eCommerce Site
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription SUMMARY:
This position is with a digital start-up business in the media division of Cox Enterprises, a multi-billion dollar company based in Atlanta. For the true entrepreneurial editor who is ready for the next challenge, it is a ripe opportunity to take a business plan and funding and be one of the founding leaders that brings this eCommerce Business to life! This initiative blends the best of Southern food, entertainment and lifestyle content together with the ability to buy products, highlighting unique products from artisans, craftsmen and retailers. The content leader is accountable for helping to launch and grow the new digital content and e-commerce site. The ideal candidate will thrive on a fast-paced and competitive marketplace and will relish the opportunity to grow a business quickly from its infancy to a significant e-commerce retailer.
This role is responsible for the production and quality of ALL content within the site, and requires both the ability to both create a strategic content roadmap and the attention to detail to execute flawlessly on that roadmap. The scope of \\"content\\" includes not just written word, but also video content, audio (podcast) content, or any other form of content used to engage our audience.
Key activities include:
* Refine content vision for CMG s eCommerce vertical understanding customer needs and competitor offerings is integral to the process.
* Help establish a brand identity through content for the new eCommerce business must be southern food enthusiast
* Work closely with business, technical and sales staff to keep content vision and business strategies aligned.
* Supervise the work of staff writers, bloggers, freelancers, videographers and photographers (experience with Methode, Wordpress, and Skyword are a plus)
* Manage the content budget for all content related employees and freelancers
* Must be available an on-call basis on weekdays and weekends to make editorial decisions during our orientation and growth periods
* Must have ability to negotiate contract terms with freelance contractors, and other third-parties.
* Responsible for identifying new talent as freelancers who best fit our content objectives, and who work well within our team structure who may be located throughout the US.
* Represent vertical content in sales meetings, and regularly go on sales calls to explain our vision and strategy to potential advertisers.
* Complete mid-year and annual performance reviews for all full-time staff members
* Run daily/weekly/monthly content meetings, and provide constant feedback for the staff
* Oversee training for content teams
* Review all layouts, designs, articles and photographs from customer perspective as well as accuracy (e.g. potential libel or slander)
* Generate new ideas for IT, increasing audience and using new mediums in order to improve SEO rankings, user engagement, more effective CMS use, and improved conversion rate on product sales
* Own the content distribution channels and responsible for all content planning for promotion
* Grow audience across multiple distribution platforms (social media, email, SMS/Push, etc)
* Optimize content strategically for each channel by leveraging robust understanding of audience behavior by channel
EDUCATION: Minimum four year bachelor s degree, masters preferred
* Minimum at least 5-10 years' managerial editing experience
* Strong understanding of content and online content practices, including an understanding of content display for web and mobile web devices including apps
* Able to represent the business in public forums
* Strong understanding and passion for online technologies, audience metrics, social media, search engine optimization, emerging technologies, etc.
* A strong work ethic and commitment to achieve goals. Evidence of past successes in content and knowing what will be read.
* Entrepreneurial mindset.
* Comfortable with data and analytics. Able to interpret metrics and use them to inform content decisions.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
* Demonstrated ability to work on a small team in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to manage people and tasks in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
* Experience managing complex projects
* Passion for in-home dining and entertaining, as well as interior d cor and housewares
* Internal: CMG Newspaper group departments including: Audience, News, Advertising, core staff
* External: Vendors, media partners
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Travel:Yes, 25 % of the Time