Education Coordinator 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Bright Horizons Children's Centers
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONApply now to grow your career as an education coordinator. Share your passion for educating young children as you support teachers in their planning of curriculum that encourages children to independently explore, discover, and actively learn. At Bright Horizons, education coordinators are considered the curriculum experts for their centers and age groups, and spend most of their time inspiring the teaching teams in the development of an innovative emergent curriculum that fully utilizes our World at Your Fingertips resources.
As an education coordinator at Bright Horizons, you will:
* Guide staff in the implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum
* Collaborate with a talented team of early childhood professionals like yourself
* Partner with parents to support and share the educational needs of their child
* Manage your time as you support multiple classrooms and staff
* Nurture your career aspirations and personal growth through ongoing training and support
* Impact the lives of children and families each and every day
At Bright Horizons, we support our employees in their lives both at home and at work. We ensure a work environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, rewarded, and celebrated.
* CDA or 9 credit hours/120 clock hours/12 CEUs required
* Associate s degree or higher preferred
* Two to four years of professional early childhood education teaching experience required
* Expertise in child development and developmentally appropriate curriculum
* Ability to lead staff in implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to create partnerships with families and staff
* Experience and skill in communication, leadership, organization and supervision
* Experience with the NAEYC Accreditation process strongly preferred
* Must meet state requirements for education and additional center/school requirements may apply