Education Curriculum Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Child Care Resource Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Posting
CHILD CARE RESOURCE CENTER (CCRC)
Since 1976, CCRC s mission has been guided by the belief that our social and economic future depends on the quality of a young child s experiences. CCRC serves over 50,000 children and families each month in Northern Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties.
We encourage the growth and development of children and their families through our creative, informative and supportive programs and services. The scope of our programs includes Subsidized Child Care, a Resource and Referral Network, Head Start and Early Head Start, Book, Toy and Resource Library, and our Family Child Care Home Education Network.
BE PART OF OUR TEAM
We are looking for an EDUCATION CURRICULUM ADMINISTRATOR with a proven track record of HEAD START EDUCATION AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT experience. AT CCRC WE BELIEVE IN teamwork, having fun and achieving success. You could play a key role in guaranteeing that success continues by using your skills to support Center Directors, Teachers and Teacher Assistants in our Head Start Program.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Head Start Education Manager, the Education Curriculum Administrator will be responsible for the project management and implementation of current and new program enhancements to our existing and new program curricula to be utilized in the Head Start center-based program. The Education Curriculum Administrator collaborates with the Head Start/Early Head Start Leadership team to provide guidance and professional development to Center Directors and classroom staff.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED:
* Must have a B.A. in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related subject.
* Must hold a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing Teacher permit or higher.
* Must have 3 units of adult supervision and administration in Child Development/Early Childhood Education; 6 units preferred.
* Must have 3-5 years of experience training an evidence based curriculum.
* Ability to converse, write, and/or translate in Spanish preferred.
* Valid California Driver s License, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance, and clean DMV record
* Must have required fingerprint, Child Abuse Index, T.B. and Health clearances.
* Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, families, and the community to work as part of a team, and collaborate with colleagues.
* Must have computer knowledge with experience in data entry, MS word and excel.
* Must have experience in training and mentoring for professional staff development.
* Criminal Records (e.g. Live Scan Fingerprinting), Child Abuse Index Check, Sexual Offender Registry, Health and Tuberculosis (TB) test clearances required
KEYS AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO:
* Establish system-wide curricula objectives for program; develops plans for implementation and evaluation.
* Coordinate and conduct training to program staff in curricula implementation and make recommendations for professional development opportunities.
* Assist teaching staff in implementation of curricula by conducting classroom observations and providing developmentally appropriate activities for each child in all developmental areas.
* Establish effective communication and collaboration with all Head Start/Early Head Start program areas to ensure comprehensive delivery of program services incorporated into curricula implementation and classroom activities.
* Ensure Head Start performance standards and program policies and procedures put forth by Child Care Resource Center Head Start are being adhered to.
* Implement ongoing feedback to center directors, education supervisors, and classroom and program staff using reflective supervision practices. Develop, evaluate, and implement new and current policies and procedures for the area of Education. Assist with design and implementation of monitoring tools for Education policies and procedures.
* Provide monthly activity reports to Education Manager to determine how services are being implemented at center level.
* Develop and maintain well-defined lines of communication and professional boundaries collaborating and establishing effective working relationships with center staff and education supervisors.
CCRC OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE WHICH INCLUDES:
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Long Term Disability insurance, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays including Winter Break, Paid Time Off, plus many other supplemental benefits such as, Credit Union membership and Professional Development Opportunities.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.