Educational Technology Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Custom Manufacturing & Engineering
Pinellas Park, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe successful candidate must have intimate knowledge of and extensive contacts in the education sector, primarily the county school systems in the southern states. The applicant must also be an excellent communicator and be fully capable of driving and closing the sales and marketing efforts for CME's solar education products by building and maintaining strong customer relationships. This individual must have a track record of successfully marketing and selling products and services to all decision makers including educators, superintendents, principals, administrators, parents, school board members, STEM directors, and government officials. Must be able to determine what funding is available, when it is available, and help steer the allocation to CME products. He/she needs to what, when, and how applicable curriculum (from each state's standards) reaches the classroom and how to utilize/incorporate this as sales technique. Must be capable of developing and executing a sales plan for the education sector. The Account Manager must have a proven track record of establishing and growing successful strategic customer relationships and revenue, and exceeding sales targets. In addition, he/she must be able to work with our technical staff to identify/coordinate the development of new product opportunities. Must be a confident closer and able to achieve sales/profit goals. He/she must be capable of developing and cultivating good customer relations via face-to-face contact and responding to customer needs consistent with company standards, culture, and business practices. Continuously identifies customer needs and/or implements solutions to customer problems. Participates in quality assessment, profitability, and improvement activities within the sales organization. Responsible for focusing efforts and maintaining progress in the pursuit of business opportunities while working collaboratively with operations, program management, engineering, contracts, procurement, and estimating personnel. Generates relevant reports for management as needed. Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Promotes the company's culture with the customer. Performs all duties inherent in the role as defined by the Code of Conduct. Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required. This is a generous incentive based position for a highly motivated closer. The successful candidate will "own" this product and make sales happen!
* Work collaboratively with our senior management team to meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
* Develop and implement an effective/integrated tactical sales and marketing plan for solar education products and services.
* Proactively cultivates/improves customer relationships and grow/penetrate new business sectors within the education space.
* Assume complete oversight and ownership of all solar education products Business Development/Sales activities for this product line
* Work cross-functionally with engineering, production, estimating and marketing to provide effective guidance and information required for quotation development
* Able to discuss customer questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
* Deliver pricing quotations, credit terms and other bid requirements.
* Emphasize features based on customer needs analysis and product knowledge.
* Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
* Maintain customer records, using a CRM.
* Proactively identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
* Ability to manage a longer sales cycle with multiple decision makers.
* Understands the political environment of the education space and can successfully navigate it to achieve sales.
* Able to articulate how CME products are the best solution for overall student success and assist teachers in meeting state curriculum standards.
* Have experience in education industry with a network of established & actionable contacts as well as the ability to grow from those contacts and establish new ones in various states.
* Sales and Marketing -- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
* Customer/Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing optimal customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Product Knowledge - Knowledge of STEM educational products, particularly solar education kits.
* Familiar with Microsoft Power Point, Access, ACT, Excel, Outlook
* Excellent communication skills - internal and external interactions demonstrated through sales, negotiation, and presentations.
* Strong time management and problem solving skills.
* Basic P&L knowledge and planning skills are required.
* Must possess excellent relationship building skill set.
* Must be a closer!
* THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT MAY BE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES AND DOES NOT INCLUDE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF DUTIES. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, OTHER THAN AN "AT WILL" RELATIONSHIP.
AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, WE ARE COMMITTED TO A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.