Elasticsearch SME - Java Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONINTERSYS is a Big Data, Analytics, and Application Development consultancy firm that has been in Austin, Texas for 20 years. We have offices/markets in Austin, Phoenix, and New York City that provide services to enterprise-level clients - including building one of the world's largest eCommerce platforms using Elasticsearch.
::: We are proud to be a TIER 1 PARTNER WITH ELASTIC - one of only five in the US! :::
Due to our rapid growth, and the demand for Elasticsearch, we are adding an Elasticsearch/ELK Subject Matter Expert to our practice as a FULL TIME, SALARIED CONSULTANT . While we prefer this person to be in AUSTIN, we are open to someone in our PHOENIX or NYC office as well.
As a consulting firm, we have several large scale initiatives in Austin, Phoenix, and New York City. In this position, the Elasticsearch/ELK SME will work within a blended team of Intersys and our clients' Engineers to create custom applications, or enhance and rebuild various applications.
* Overall 10 years of software programming experience working in enterprise level environments
* Looking for someone who understands how Elastics works to help with some scaffolding and indexing (at scale), someone who has built/used ELK stack, and can minor in ops (deployment/environment management)
* Strong experience and expertise required with Elasticsearch, including at least 2 search project implementations
* Must have installation, configuration, tuning, security, and administration experience with Search technologies
* Well versed with the relevancy scoring and analytical application of search technologies
* Java architecture and development experience preferred
* Other Big Data technology experience such as Hadoop and NoSQL Data Stores is desired
* Some travel may be required
* Previous consulting experience preferred
* Pre-sales experience is a plus